WCP movie go fast.

OscarZan

Spaceman
Hi.

I'm cadet Oscar "Eagle" Zanardi and i have a great question

I played WCP in windows 98 and it worked perfectly. Why now in Windows Me the movie skip or go fast?

My Computer:
Mother Board Abit
AMD DURON 800 Mhz
128 mB
sound:SoundblasterLive Value!
video: Asus AGP-V7100 (GeForce 2 Mx.

Thank you to everybody

Try going into Multimedia Properties in the control panel. Click on 'Advanced Settings' in the playback section, hit the Performance tab and turn down hardware acceleration all the way.

TC

Hi OscarZan, Welcome to WCCIC.

I have to tell you the WinME is a terrible OS for games. It has no native DOS support. This means if you what to play games in DOS you can't without a special boot disk. A lot of hardware don't work on it well for lack of driver support for WinME. My company spent about a month examming it to see if it was worth upgrading to it. We a course decided not to. If you have the option I would suggest going back to Win98. Even with XP coming out I would suggest kepting Win98 on your systems as a dual boot so that you can play games which don't work in XP. Yes, there will be games and programs which won't play on XP.

So far as WCP is concern you can try disabling the Sound Hardware accellaration. Do a find file for "DXDiag" and disable the sound hardware accellaration. Next go into Multimedia Properties in the control panel. Click on 'Advanced Settings' in the playback section, hit the Performance tab and turn down hardware acceleration all the way.

Would you believe I was just gonna come on this board to ask the same darned question? :)

Thanks people! :)

Originally posted by Johnl12
Hi OscarZan, Welcome to WCCIC.

I have to tell you the WinME is a terrible OS for games. It has no native DOS support. This means if you what to play games in DOS you can't without a special boot disk. A lot of hardware don't work on it well for lack of driver support for WinME. My company spent about a month examming it to see if it was worth upgrading to it. We a course decided not to. If you have the option I would suggest going back to Win98. Even with XP coming out I would suggest kepting Win98 on your systems as a dual boot so that you can play games which don't work in XP. Yes, there will be games and programs which won't play on XP.

So far as WCP is concern you can try disabling the Sound Hardware accellaration. Do a find file for "DXDiag" and disable the sound hardware accellaration. Next go into Multimedia Properties in the control panel. Click on 'Advanced Settings' in the playback section, hit the Performance tab and turn down hardware acceleration all the way.

What about fog and the other effects only for 3dfx wideo card.

I read there's a program like a 3dfx emulator for the other video card. Is that correct?

a video card emulator? what a waste of programming....

anyway, I too recommend Windows 98SE because it has DOS unlike ME, and doesn't require a minimum of 256MB of RAM to operate smoothly, unlike ME and the yet to come XP.

Originally posted by OscarZan

What about fog and the other effects only for 3dfx wideo card.

Only fog. I did a patch some time ago to add lens flares to WCP. Shoudl be able to find it here on the CIC or alternatively on my page wc.kfrank.net

Originally posted by OscarZan

I read there's a program like a 3dfx emulator for the other video card. Is that correct?

There are numerous of them. But most/all only work for a small subset of games. That is why I still have a V1 installed (for a total of 3 graphic cards). You would have to test a lot of emulators to find one working with your card and WCP if there is any.
I would not bother with it for one barely noticeable effect.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
Why? And it isn't actually a video card emulator. They are called GLIDE WRAPPERS. They translate GLIDE calls to D3D ones. Very useful actually as some games don't know D3D at all or run much better on GLIDE.

Originally posted by cff
Originally posted by Saturnyne
Why? And it isn't actually a video card emulator. They are called GLIDE WRAPPERS. They translate GLIDE calls to D3D ones. Very useful actually as some games don't know D3D at all or run much better on GLIDE.

do you know where i can find that GLIDE WRAPPERS ASUS AGP-V7100 Geforce2 MX

Back