WC4 - Selecting alternate guns

firefox91

Spaceman
I just started playing WC4 again. I am at the point where I just defected and Pliers tells me about the Stormfire gun while in the loadout screen. I remember using this gun and loving it the first time. Problem is, how the hell do you load it on the ship? I have selected a craft that says the Stormfire is a possible alternate weapon but I cannot find anywhere to select it. What am I missing?

Ships with a Stormfire already have it permanently mounted, so you don't have to select it to add it to your ship. What the heck button was it that switches from the regular guns to the alternate gun? I don't remember, one of em. Just try the keys in flight til you find it, the ship will make a mechanical sounding clunk.

I think it was the H key. If you're in an Avenger or a Vindicator, I think you press H and then you should be press G if Stormfire doesn't come up as the first special gun. Pretty much exactly like firing the camera way back on Tyr VII when you were still flying for Confed.

yep, press the 'H' key and you'll get into the alternate weapons part. then just hit 'G' until the wepon you want is selected.

Mk1

My favorite thing about the Stormfire is while I was using it I would keep any power away from my guns so I could boost my shields way up. Then when the ammo ran out I would put my power back on default. I tried to time and estimate it all good so I would take out the last ship at a nav point with the last of my ammo. Then when I had a moment, my power distribution was so my damage control only had a tiny bit of power, my engines stayed the same, and weapons and shields would be slightly boosted.

I didn't think the Stormfire mk2 was nearly as cool as the first one. But then again, ships in Prophecy didn't take damage the way it did in WC4.

seemed like it went from like 30mm cannon to 88mm flak cannon...the shells were really big in WCP...I used to use it more in WCP than in wc4 though...

In one of his drunken stupors, Pliers mentioned that it has a short range, but it seemed to me that it reached much farther than energy weapons.

The Stormfire in WC4 had a range of something like 2500-3000 m, about the same as the Avenger's Heavy Mass Drivers. So yes, if you were flying the Avenger, the Stormfire guns had as much range as your energy guns.

Back