WC4 question

Well, the Bearcat does look like a pancake. In terms of efficiency, however, it's probably my favorite WC4 fighter. Nearly useless in the hands of a newbie pilot, and Flying Death once you know how to fly it. I use the Bearcat whenever I can.

Some tips : First, deactivate the repair system. Your guns could use some extra power. Next, you just have to practice a lot. Once you have your ship and your target properly lined up ("rolling" can be very useful here, especially against Hellcats), fire at will. Boom. Nothing can stand against 4 Tachyon Guns.

EDIT : Don't expect to be able to hit Arrows with all 4 guns. However, even against Arrows, the Bearcat's speed and manoeuvrability more than make up for the awkward guns.

Don't expect to be able to hit Arrows with all 4 guns. However, even against Arrows, the Bearcat's speed and manoeuvrability more than make up for the awkward guns.

With a little practise it can certainly be one of the best fighters in the game, I love to come against Hellcats in one, though can't remember if she had an autoslide feature, anybody know?

Figured something out. Again I was playing the Bearcat. I sat behind another Bearcat in the capture Concordia class mission. I hit him with my guns tons of times so his shields were gone. Then I had my wingman get on my wing. So his whole ship was red. I sat behind him for 10 minutes hitting him non stop. I could see the blast hits so I wasnt missing. Im using the windows patch and joystick patch. I think I am going to try it straight up with dosbox and the joystick patch. There is a bug somewhere.

Huh. I sometimes have similar problems with some of the Bearcats in the last Peleus mission - they hit me but I can't hit them, and I can even autopilot past them.

Same thing with the turret mines - they sometimes turn invincible for no apparent reason.

Out of curiosity, which language does your version use? English? French? German?

You know the thing that sucks about the PSX version of the game is that you can't fly the bearcat. It annoys me a lot. Does that ship have any secondary weapons?

You can't fly the Bearcat in the PSX version? What do you get when you fly the capture-the-carrier mission?

You can't fly the Bearcat in the PSX version? What do you get when you fly the capture-the-carrier mission?

Well I personally fly Banshee with its leech guns.

You don't get to do the planetary bombardments either in both WC3 & 4. When I finally played the WC3 PC version, I was shocked how much they actually hacked out of the game.

The console versions replace the planetary missions with space missions and then play cutscenes of fighting taking place on the planet (so you fight your way to Kilrah and then get a video of flying down the trench).

How do you beat WC3 if you can't fly planetary missions?

I believe that the Kilrah bombing run is a just cut-scene, was on the 3DO at least... You just turn up at Kilrah and watch Blair do the rest. Available on Youtube.

Final post for WC4. I am playing it thru at the easiest setting and all is working out. Playing thru at Ace or Veteran level was fun back when this ran in Win95, but that dont cut the mustard anymore.

Back