WC3 mine the jump points mission

I always figured that your mission really involved the Victory's entire Longbow squadron deploying the mines, and only you and one wingman get simulated for gameplay purposes.

Yeah, that's how I always imagined it. This mission is neat because it gives you the idea that whenever bombers aren't out there bombing stuff, they could be doing patrols and complementing the work of the formal minelayers out there.

Yeah, that's how I always imagined it. This mission is neat because it gives you the idea that whenever bombers aren't out there bombing stuff, they could be doing patrols and complementing the work of the formal minelayers out there.

Yeah, those little things really made the whole WC experience even more immersive.

Like the mission in WC1 where you fly by an Exeter, it wasn't under attack or anything, it was just there. That made me feel like there were really other ships and stuff going on in the universe. It made Vega Sector a bit more alive.

Yeah, those little things really made the whole WC experience even more immersive.

Like the mission in WC1 where you fly by an Exeter, it wasn't under attack or anything, it was just there. That made me feel like there were really other ships and stuff going on in the universe. It made Vega Sector a bit more alive.

I loved it every time two capships got within shooting distance of eachother, even in Secret Ops when their guns didnt do anything

I loved it every time two capships got within shooting distance of eachother, even in Secret Ops when their guns didnt do anything

The capships on WC1 would fight with flak guns. The only case I remember is Hobbes' Fraltha. Capship combat on Wing Commander is usually pretty good.

The immersion of the game is excellent. WC1 always gave you the impression there were much more going on.

Yeah, I remember in WCP ("Painting the Target" I think) when if you just flew around without completing the mission, the Midway would get close enough to the enemy capships to just peck away harmlessly with her lasers. Some Supercarrier!

Yeah, I remember in WCP ("Painting the Target" I think) when if you just flew around without completing the mission, the Midway would get close enough to the enemy capships to just peck away harmlessly with her lasers. Some Supercarrier!

The Midway class wasn't designed to get close to opposing capshis to take them on single-handedly, without the assistance of fighters, either. It's not the Vesuvius or Constitution class... or even the Bengal class, at that.

(That it effectively does the same role as Bengals, namely independent "behind the lines" strikes, during most of Prophecy is bad timing and coincidence, not intentional planning on Confed's part.)

Back