Wc3 Kilrathi Aces

StarLight

Spaceman
In wc3 there are a couple of aces flying around...i've asked this qu b4 but either i've forgotten or nobody answered:

the kilrathi aces when flying their respective ships, which u can tell coz it is slightly different colour, all fire plasma guns ??? - except for thrak and hobbes

i've encountered fireclaw, stalker, bloodmist and thrakhath

is there any part of the game where deathstroke or deathfang pop out?

and by defeating flash in the sim, how come the game rates that as an ace? - like on the killboard...

I think this is the questions

Do all the kilrathi aces fire plasma guns?

Why is Flash an ace in the sim?

But i could be wrong about them....But hey you never know do you!

Deathstroke and Deathfang appear only in the 3DO version of Wing Commander 3.

The ace fighters all have different armament than their regular counterparts -- they also have special markings on the fighters.

yeah those markings are really cool, wish i had screenshots of 'm all, or, wish we could do that to our excaliburs:D

Never noticed that... maybe somebody with WC3 could do that (my copy is still out =( Are any of the screens of ships in the database Ace level besides Thrak?

I would like to make scrnshots for everybody, but for some odd reason i can't take shot in WCKS:( all i get is a black picture whit a few yellow and purple spots in it....

Again, I was concentrating too much on taking out the ace before my wingman, so I never noticed that. That's really cool.

In "Treasure Hunt" in WCP, I flew right next to the buoy (and that's pronounced 'boy' BTW) and I noticed a symbol resembling a Kilrathi motif toward the pointy end. 'Twas just an illusion, but I still thought it was interesting.

Twas no illusion, i got a nice screenshot of it sitting on my computer, just no way i can upload it whit no website...

so...what about flash?

y is he counted as an ace after u kick his butt in the simulator...

and btw...u know how when selecting pilots or moving ur mouse over a hotspot the person/group moves?
then why doesn't flint move? - and GREAT movement for maniac...that'd be good "I want you Maniac for this next one - watch and learn...no no no! i meant i want u for the next mission, not for the next time i'm horny!"

by name. by nature.

I guess that they either forgot to record an animation for flint, or it's deliberate, to try and emphasise the 'one eye on the regs' attitude that she's supposed to have

(though i never saw it myself...)

I'm saying that the WC game engine assigns you an extra ace kill whenever you kill a pilot who is not a generic AI. Flash is not a generic AI - he has his own AI, his own name; thus, killing him you get an ace kill.

But yes, basically what I'm saying is that a pilot doesn't have to be good to be 'aced'. Origin could design *the* most pathetic AI ever, and as long as it wasn't classified as a generic AI, you'd get an ace kill every time you killed it.

i meant - u "killed" him in a flight sim
so it was actually a defeat in a flight sim...it's not EXACTLY a kill, and yet it still pops up as a registered ace on the killboard

Back