Wc2

Dragonslayer

Spaceman
Im looking for a version of WC2 that works on a computer with Windows ME. Ive already tried one but it was too old. Is there any way i can get a playable version of the game that isnt too expensive(i.e. the Kilrathi Sage at 100 bucks being too expensive)

try looking at used bookstores if they sell software

the plus side is its cheap

the minus side is it often is incomplete like the kilrathi saga i bought at one with only disk 1 so now i have wc3 installed but need disk 2 to actually play it

well it was 3 bucks

and does anyone have a 3do? i seem to have bought super wing commander for the 3do and now i need a 3do

you might be out of luck... WC2 is a DOS game and it don't work with ME or Win2k or XP (as far as I know). I have it and it works fine with Win98 however the cut scenes run a little fast...

Originally posted by FlamingLlama

and does anyone have a 3do? i seem to have bought super wing commander for the 3do and now i need a 3do

Look on ebay, that's a great game :)

Originally posted by Dragonslayer
Im looking for a version of WC2 that works on a computer with Windows ME. Ive already tried one but it was too old. Is there any way i can get a playable version of the game that isnt too expensive(i.e. the Kilrathi Sage at 100 bucks being too expensive)
IMO the best way to enjoy the old games is to get yourself an old PC with DOS... that way, you can avoid all those OS/speed problems...

The 3DO is a great system -- you can pick one up for cheap on eBay. There's also a *wonderful* port of WC3 for the 3DO...

Originally posted by Dragonslayer
Im looking for a version of WC2 that works on a computer with Windows ME.

Or, you can just make a boot disk out of a Win95/98 computer.

I got some old Screenshots from Wc3.It has better graphics,the arrow has the green engines (like Armada) and its designed different.Its also a screenshot from a Hangar,which is very detailed.

Just wanted to say that hehe

:D

I dont know if this was ever answered, but in WC3 on the comp. I dont see any television briefings in the bar regarding the outcome of the war. But when I played the 3DO version of it I did see them
What gives?

Some cutscenes were cut in the PC version due to space limitations on the CDs. That includes the Hobbes' explanation. :(

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I got some old Screenshots from Wc3.It has better graphics,the arrow has the green engines (like Armada) and its designed different.Its also a screenshot from a Hangar,which is very detailed.

Just wanted to say that hehe

:D

Those were from the set of promo shoets done before release.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Some cutscenes were cut in the PC version due to space limitations on the CDs. That includes the Hobbes' explanation. :(

Which I always thought was kind of stange....why on Earth did they cut THAT of all things? They felt that Maniac reading "Playpen" was more important than the Hobbes' explanation? Or those transitions everybody watched once and then turned off? Somebody at Origin took one too many hits from the bong...

There are plenty of replacable scenes... on the first two CDs. CD4, where you'd have to put the Hobbes scene, was pressed for space.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There are plenty of replacable scenes... on the first two CDs. CD4, where you'd have to put the Hobbes scene, was pressed for space.

ah ha...that makes sense actually. I wasn't thinking about it disc by disc....

Screw the Hobbes explantion! I just miss seeing the fine chick.
She looked better than any of the other females in the game

She also happened to be THE WORST ACTRESS IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!

Roman numerals are *hard*!

Back