WC2 Problems

BlackHawk

Spaceman
Hello everyone,

Today I got my Wing Commander 2/Strike Commander/Syndicate PLUS/Ultima 8 Bundle CD (and it comes with both secret missions for WC2 and speech pack! :D).

So of course I want to boot up WC2 first, after a little messing with DosBox 0.72 I managed to get speech and music working great.

But after I save that ship in mission two, the game just freezes.

I know of the Loadfix- 32 and 15 but upon trying both they didn't fix the problem :(.

I believe Superivy also had this problem.

Any help here would be great!

Thanks
~BlackHawk

Have you tried loadfix without any numbers on it at all? What kind of DOSBox settings do you have?

Thanks for your reply!

As for the settings, I pretty much just run straight up Dosbox, I play Wc2 at 4300 frame skip and have all my drives mounted.

And upon trying Loadfix by itself, it still freezes.

But after looking at my status screen (for the first time) I found that it says this exactly after I save that ship in mission two.

Capturing Wave Output to capture\wc2_000.wav
Stopped capturing wave output.
Capturing Wave Output to capture\wc2_001.wav

And then nothing :(

So is it that my DosBox cant play these Wave files?

Thanks
~BlackHawk

That error message looks like you're trying to record a sound clip. Does it always display every time in the same place? If so, then it might be a sound error. What options do you have set under the [sblaster] in the dosbox.conf file? Note that DOSBox defaults to IRQ7 and WC2 defaults to IRQ 5. Even if these match, I would go back into the WC2 installer and change the sound and music settings. If you completely disable sound/music in the installer and then try the mission and it works, then you know you've isolated the problem.

Back