WC1 and WC2 in WinME

Raiden

Spaceman
As an avid WC fan,I am ashamed to say I've never played WC1. Well I finally got my hands on it...now what. Do I go and buy an old PC or does anyone know of any patches I could get my hands on for running 1&2 in WinME??

You could try out to make a bootdisk and use a slow down tool to run the game under pure dos, OR use Dosbox from http://dosbox.sf.net which emulates a whole DOS PC. Most with Win9x oses prefer the pure dos method, others the old PC method, but dosbox also runs under windows 9x. The advantage of that method is, that you can use a USB joystick as well.

I've given this dosbox a shot and the game actually runs. In a window, which is still not too bad. But it runs SUPER slow. NOW what??

And, have you read the readme that comes with Dosbox yet? Cause you can change the clock speed of DOSBox by pressing ctrl-F11 (lower) and ctrl-F12 (higher) or editing the config file (dosbox.conf, [cpu] section). And there are some other helpfull settings descripted there as well.
For WC1 I use these settings:
core=normal
cycles=4000
and for WC2 I use:
core=normal
cycles=6500
That is with a 3Ghz CPU, and optimum settings may differ from PC to PC.

P.S.: To run the game full-screen just press Alt-Enter like in the normal Windows DOSbox ;)
EDIT: Argh, of cause you read the readme, otherwise you wouldn't know how to mount the drives ^^ Sorry, I just woke up and it's early in the morning here :(

Back