Wanted: WC4 DVD

skulker2000

Spaceman
Yeah yeah, I know. Me and most of you guys want it. They are hard to find on eBay and when they do show up they go pretty quick. So I guess what I'm asking is does anyone that owns one want to part with theirs? I want the version with the high quality video of course. It will go to a good home ( mine ) and I promise never to put it up on eBay.
I used to own the CD ROM version of the game but it has since been loaned out and lost over the years. I have been considering buying the PC version off ebay again but I think I'd prefer to try for a DVD version first and foremost. I believe I'd rank that way up there on my cool stuff I own list. Right up there with my Japanese edition Laserdisc of Army of Darkness! That's right, I said laserdisc.

While I admire your tenacity towards getting a WC4 DVD, you're probably better off just going on Ebay and getting a CD-ROM copy for $10. A great game is a great game - high quality video or no.

Oh don't get me wrong. WC4 is my all time favorite PC game and I'm not just saying that considering where we are at the moment. I will have this game again. It's just a matter of "will it be high quality video or not"

We'll probably be giving away one or two at the CIC Birthday Party this summer.

Best bet would be the CIC Birthday party and of course, other places such as Amazon. Ebay users would find it hard to find such sought- after material in the market, well in the UK that is, but for international ebuyer's they probably would bump into one anytime.

LeHah said:
While I admire your tenacity towards getting a WC4 DVD, you're probably better off just going on Ebay and getting a CD-ROM copy for $10. A great game is a great game - high quality video or no.

I disagree, the high quality video is an amazing improvement - find it at all costs.

Don said:
Its also the only excuse to replay wing commander IV.

Or maybe not...
It's not the only excuse, the game is really good. I replay good games plenty of times. But the high quality is the biggest reason.

You didn't correct my statement but certainly made me re-think what I just said. Perhaps its the only excuse for some, but you're right. It is the biggest reason for replaying it just to view the wonderful sleek-improved scenes (and of course playing many of the great missions that are involved).

Though I too replay good games...the 16-bit video of WC4 doesn't really bother me at all even though I would really like to have the DVD (2x/5x quality) version. But in my case I'd just try to breeze right through the levels and watch the clips.

When I had mine before and had beat the game, I put it down for a little while. Then I decided to go back through it again and make different decisions just for an interestiing plot change. Now I want to do all that again seeing as I've not played it in years and only recently found out about the hi res version available which has lit a fire under my computer chair to play it again.
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for details at the birthday party.

skulker2000 said:
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for details at the birthday party.

It's the same party we throw every August 10 in #Wingnut. https://www.wcnews.com/wingnut/index.shtml There's actually a pretty low chance of any specific person winning any specific prize, so that's probably not a viable way to plan to get the game. Keep checking eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not holding my breath on the party and I think I check eBay about every 30 minutes. Hahah. Thanks for the link to the info. I'm an old IRC junkie so consider me there.

It's a pity, not long ago there was a seller on ebay with whole boxes of the hi-res DVD. I got mine that way. But it's all over now.

Back