Vote For Vibes (October 28, 2006)

Thanks to this poll I've actually taken the time to pull out my DVDs and rewatch S:AaB.

It was such a fantastic show, and definately the closest to Wing Commander, not least because of the incredibly heavy use of ideas from the two world wars.

It was... a little cheesy in places, the sci-fi wasn't particularly well done, but as a a military show, dealing War, all its consequences and the effect upon people in it, it remains completley unsurpassed, its such a shame so few people saw it first time round.

It was such a fantastic show, and definately the closest to Wing Commander, not least because of the incredibly heavy use of ideas from the two world wars.

It was... a little cheesy in places, the sci-fi wasn't particularly well done, but as a a military show, dealing War, all its consequences and the effect upon people in it, it remains completley unsurpassed, its such a shame so few people saw it first time round.

Yeah, SAaB was pretty good, and had WC written all over it. I have to agree about the cheese though, especially at the very end where they are on the Chig home moon.

"Look at this creature... I'm going to suggest -- without any kind of evidence -- that this creature is the last of his kind, destroying him in our attack would be horrible. We could be destroying an entire race!"

"You're right; he must be the last of his kind. Let's tell him about our super top secret classified plan so he can escape."

"Good idea!"

Idiots.

Well, besides the occasional cheese, SAaB was pretty decent. I definitely enjoyed watching it.

Back