Very very sad news

Napoleon

Spaceman
I would like to remind all members of the human race that our first step toward the complete extinction of the human race will be taken at Noon EST Saturday, January 20, 2001. At that time George W. Shrub will be sworn in as president of the United States. This is the worst thing to happen to the world since Origin decided to discontinue the WC games. Infact this is worse because this will through humanity's progress back 200 years just like Sitcoms did (according to WCIV.123106).

OTHER NEWS
Planet Kilrah, Kilrah System:
The Emporer of Kilrah today was found laughing to death after he was presented with a comfirmation of the Election of George W. Shrub as President of Earth. His only statment was "The Time is Ripe for an Invasion, whats that moron going to do, maybe he will use his extreme dignitude and strategery to make my warriors run into his execution chambers, which are now being installed in every federal building across that entire pathetic ape world!!!"

i like bush, however, i think gore would have been the better choice. gore did win the popular vote, its just a shame those people didnt get up and out to REALLY vote.

also, this is a Wing Commander chat zone, not a political one.

cadet..

George Bush becoming president is excellent news for Wing Commander fans -- we got him the heck out of WC's hometown, Austin, TX.

The truth inside the joke...

Originally posted by Napoleon
...dignitude and strategery to make my warriors run into his execution chambers, which are now being installed in every federal building across that entire pathetic ape world!!!"

Joke or not, I agree with this part, and I hope it succeeds. #1, too many killers are sitting, taking up jail space, wasting taxpayer dollars, because of something they would have been hanged/electrocuted/shot/stoned/injected for 50+ years ago. #2, if the bastards take a life, they should be willing to give theirs up as well, whether "insane" or not.

And if they are inocent?

The death penalty have being use by politicians for far to long.It´s just a way to get votes.
Besides the people of texas are now free from him.and that is a good thing.(besides he cant run the USA alone)

I voted for Gore. I hate Bush for several reasons. I believe him to be a moron, a hypocrite, etc. etc. However, I do think that we shouldn't judge how his term as president will be until he is in it. Would I be surprised if he is the worst President since the '70s, when we had the brilliant string of Nixon, Ford (who actually just got a bad rap cause he fell all the time), and Carter? No. But, still, we, as Americans, should respect the fact that he is our President, and at least give him a shot.
Bassman

Ford wasn't a bad President :( He was on the Simpsons.

I don't actually know what he did, but I'll assume he was good.

TC

Quote from the lates show with David Letterman 16/1

Top 10 things we've learned during the clinton administration:

#2. You can be vice-president during the most prosperus times in america, run against a dumb guy, get more votes, and stil lose.

:) LOL

This really isn't the place for political commentary, but I must say that I find it interesting the preponderance of anti-Bush sentiment in this thread. It's as if people think Gore is pearlly white clean. I got a particular snicker out of the description of Bush as a hypocrite -- now THAT'S the pot calling the kettle black...wow!

I don`t know. Bush reminds me a bit of my former prime minister Netanyahu, only not as eloquent, and we all know how he turned up...

SAD NEWS

Maybe a bit off the deep end, but very creative writting! If you have nice parks and playgrounds, take pictures of them now before Bush tears them all down and replaces the parks and swingsets with oilfields and pumpjacks! Like buying bottled water? Be ready to buy even more!! (I live in TX, west Tx to be exact, not uncommon to have a pumpjack in your backyard contaminating the water and air with the H2S gasses!) :)

Long live WC!

RFBurns

"Look behind you......watch your six!.......BOOM!"

While this was intended as a joke I must respond to some comments made ealier:
1. BassmanUW: Just to let you know, Nixon, while he screwed up big time, was one of the better presidents and was probably the best at foriegn relations.
2. Silent Warrior: The reason that the U.S. election got such coverage world wide is that the World economy is dependant on the US, especially in the computer area, and also the US military is the strongest in the world and decisions the us makes affect the rest of the world.
3.OriginalPhoenix: Bush is litterally one of the least intelligent presidents we have ever had, all opinions put aside, and during the campaign he changed what he said to being exactly different, but my big thing against him is that I think his policies will ruin the environment, the economy, and our foriegn relations, perhaps the only good thing that will come will be that microsoft wont be broken up (if that is a good thing)

Honestly, people from other countries (in France in fact), would like to thank you all very much for this election. Frankly, that was funny. And that's what you can call a legitimity. Why dont you just throw a dice next time, smthing like "on 4+ it's republican, on 3- it's the others".

Anyway do you find Bush and Gore are that different (except one calls journalists assholes)?

It is pathetic becuase we claim to be this "beacon of democracy" and yet our elections are fixed and the candidates cheat, and then we turn around and tell other countries to be more democratic, personally if I had a choice as to who to be president/vice president I would have Paladin as prez and Eisen as vp

It's hard to have a vice president that's dead (or not born yet, depending on how you look at it)

TC

Back