Trying to recreate the old WC web sites.

As I’ve mentioned in another thread I’m trying to recreate as many of the old WC web sites as I can and thus I’ve been directed to archive.org. Painfully slow but not a bad site.
When find a site I save the page to my hard but for some reason the pictures don’t save to I them separate with the same names, extensions and in the same directory that the page properties imply. Next I open up the saved web page in FrontPage and edit the links and reinsert the pictures. All seems well but here is where the problem comes in. I can see the pictures in “Normal” view but I can’t see them in “Preview”. I’ve never had this problem before any Idea what I’m doing wrong????
Yes I’ve saved the web page after I’ve attached the pictures so that’s not it.

Thanks for any help.
Shades

When you save any page with IE, this create a folder to images.
If you are using FP to edition, click on any image and review you link, surelly the image have a full disk path rather than a relative path. Is better change all image links to relative paths, so you can move the page and subfolders on any disk place and still viewing that. In other hand the FP mannage own temporary files, if you do changes and some not work, even verify the IE cache (empty it) and next test again the change.

TanGO

Well that’s what I was attempting to do but obviously I’m not doing it right. How should I go about doing this?
When I go into picture properties and then parameters. I see a full path. I try to change it but it keeps defaulting back. Why is that? Am I working in the wrong area?

Thanks for any and all help.

I don't know where you are working, consider you that html pages are simply TEXT pages. You can open a HTML page from where you want.
In FP, if do you want view the text code click on j"HTML" tab in the bottom page, is better first select the image from the editor "NORMAL" and next select the HTML tab, so you can view the image code text. The tag to change is the "SRC".
Only select a relative path, example: images/nameimage.gif then the images folder must content the related image.
If you want recomplile sites and put them online you have to know minimally html language. :) (no ofense)

TanGO

While I didn't do it in the manner you mentioned that is basicly what I had already done. Just to make sure I even went into the HTML tab and checked and they are relitave but I'm still not seeing the pictures. Any ideas?

Yes, view the page from IE, if you can not view the image a red cross box you'll see.
right click on red corss and choose "properties", then you can see "where" the image has been searched for IE (the image URL), and know where are your problem.

TanGO

Back