Tom Dan vs Lance Casey

Frosty said:
Well just out of sheer, unbridled - and possibly masochistic - curiosity, what sort of name would you folks, O Lords of Coolness, have chosen for him?

Poker T. Mandino

Actually, we could try to integrate this Tom Dane character into the series into the inevitable WC6...

say like a transfer pilot to the Midway squadron, serving with Lance Casey...

TheFraix said:
Actually, we could try to integrate this Tom Dane character into the series into the inevitable WC6...

say like a transfer pilot to the Midway squadron, serving with Lance Casey...

Yes, we'll do that.

I hope that if we integrate Tom Dane into the next Wing Commander game, that he comes complete with a Dragon/Lance fighter he sort of just... floated off with.

Not Tom, name him Harrison Dane. The Great Dane lol.

I was kinda leery with WCP, but I am always pretty leery about an old story with new characters. Especially if you have played (watched) the same character for so long.

Oddly enough it has happened to two of Mark Hamill's characters lol.

Bandit LOAF said:
Yes, the "revelation" at the end of the script is that Dane is an abandoned GE experiment. Personally, I think that sounds pretty fanficcy... but I *do* like the original idea of having Maestro tortured to legitimize the war for Casey.

(I *like* Casey's background in WCP... but 'Lance' is the worst name ever...)

Actually, the whole Blair is your father possibility sounded even more fanficcy to me. Whew! Thanks for clearing us up on that one, LOAF.

I do like the idea of the abandoned GE experiment. If it were me, I wouldn't be playing that aspect up for some ham-fisted drama, but it's interesting and certainly plausible. I mean, after the GE program was terminated, I think Confed would be crossing some human rights boundaries by killing all the adult products of the program instead of relocating and redistributing them into the populace covertly.

Oh, and Michael Casey never seemed like the kind of guy who'd name his kid "Lance".

Back