Throttle Support?

Mad Cow

Spaceman
My venerable Thrustmaster FCS finally kicked the bucket last night and I'm shopping for joysticks. I'm thinking about getting a joystick throttle combination and I'm wondering if Wing Commander (K-Saga, IV, and Proph) support a throttle? Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm not sure about KS WC1 and WC2, but I can definitely use my throttle in WC3 through WCSO and Privateer 2 (Windows versions). I have an old (joystick port) MS Precision Pro.

Nope, no throttle support in WC1 and 2, not even in KS. works with patched wc3, 4 and 5 though.
i recommend a programmable stick for the old ones

I was thinking about a Thrustmaster F22 Pro. The only thing is that I don't know how to program and unfortunately, that joystick doesn't have a simple GUI for programming.

I like Thrustmasters and I'd love to have a higher end one, but frankly, I'm intimidated by trying to map functions to the freaking thing.

Their are already WC sticksets for the F-22 Pro. I used to have the F-22, TQS and RCS setup...until lightening struck my house and fried a lot of things...

I use a Thrustmaster FCS/RCS/WCS combo with just about all the games. (Except Prophecy, which gets one of those first generation Sidewinder FF sticks...).

That's the combo I have for my mac for playing SWC (if I knew where it was) and other flight sims...

Back