The WC3 'Heart Of The Tiger' Movie Project

The Heart of the Tiger who refused to fly his assigned patrol, stole a fighter and attacked K'Tithrak Mang instead?

Bandit LOAF said:
The Heart of the Tiger who refused to fly his assigned patrol, stole a fighter and attacked K'Tithrak Mang instead?

No, the one played by Mark Hamill. You know, from the show, Wing 3 and Wing 4...He's all I know of Blair, having not played many of the other games.

Anyway, I finished the rough cut of the movie project. Still needs a lot of polishing before I consider it finished, but I imported and edited most of the video that I am going to use. Only runs about 118 minutes, oddly enough. Probably because it doesn't have any game footage, or even the in-flight movies. I might stick those movies into the project, just to fill in the gaps. It won't look good, but it'll get the point across and I am only doing this for my own amusement, anyway.

No, the one played by Mark Hamill. You know, from the show, Wing 3 and Wing 4...He's all I know of Blair, having not played many of the other games.

They're the same character.

just a suggestion, you could uplaod the movie as a torrent file. seed it once and then we can all download it.

when you play the inflight movies for WC3 they play this really loud music that completly overshaodws the dialogue, so I am unsure whether or not I am going to bother putting any of them into my version.

Watched some of your version, Queeg. Kudos, nice job. The only thing is the darn low-res video. I plan on editing your game footage with my video from the 3DO to make my own personal use version. But right now it's too hot, my computer is running at like 105F so I am afraid to use it under this intense heat.

Regarding the Blair thing. When you think about it, I guess he is kind of impulsive. Taggart's "Did you see what you nearly did" line backs that up. Still, Vaquero's death means that I'd either have to find a way to put both "cleaning out the locker" and funerals into the movie, or loose one. That's a tricky thing to do, so I am leaving it so I only have Cobra die.

RANDOM KIND OF OT THOUGHT OF THE DAY:

They should remake WC3. Use the sound effects and voice (as well as the soundtrack) and make the cutscenes CG, using the original footage as storyboards. I would say just use the FMV, but I am sure the source is so low-quality (shot on video) that it would yeild a really bad image. Anyway, it would be awesome.

PS: Man, Queeg I have differant Blackmane missions than you, so I can stick gameplay into my movie for those missions. Or can I? Hmmm, maybe it's vague enough gameplay to just kind of fit in. Hmmm. Anyway, it's coming along slowly.

Finally Raptor Pilot has returned to the forums!!!

(Applause)

And..... I'm gone again. My internet got hit by the Behemoth.

I am creating DVD files for a test-run right now. Sadly, I am running into compression issues, only being able to fit 76 minutes of 100% quality video on each disc, but I will find ways around it. I will probably create 4 Vobs, then use DVDShrink to compress them into pairs of two, so the project will fit on two DVDs. At least, that's the plan.

I still have a lot of game footage to import, as well as credits. I also am STILL going to have gaps, but oh well.

Damn, I still have yet to work on the deleted scenes project in a long time, as well. Ack! I have my work cut out for me still.

If anyone wants, I can probably re-encode Queeg's version at lower res (to make the files smaller), and/or post it on YouTube or whatever. With his permission, of course.

I've given up on the main movie. It's got some gaps that just say "Film Missing" because I don't have the gameplay to fill those parts in. I am going to leave it that way for now, since I can live without those parts and what I'd have to go through to get them in the movie is just too much work. I made a test DVD and it's pretty good for what I want it for (watch it as a movie, even if it's not 100% seamless). So that will be my rough cut that I am going to archive for now, maybe work on completing it at a later date.

I have yet to finish the extras disc, which will include deleted footage, deleted briefings and Media Breaks. I have a lot of the footage in a project, but I still need to import all of the media breaks and a bunch of deleted stuff like the post-ejection scenes and whatnot.

Just finished making chapters. A total of 77 chapters (kind of has to be, so many tiny scenes). I am almost done, gotta get to work on the extras disc soon...

Beckmen said:
I am creating DVD files for a test-run right now. Sadly, I am running into compression issues, only being able to fit 76 minutes of 100% quality video on each disc, but I will find ways around it. I will probably create 4 Vobs, then use DVDShrink to compress them into pairs of two, so the project will fit on two DVDs. At least, that's the plan.

I still have a lot of game footage to import, as well as credits. I also am STILL going to have gaps, but oh well.

Damn, I still have yet to work on the deleted scenes project in a long time, as well. Ack! I have my work cut out for me still.

If anyone wants, I can probably re-encode Queeg's version at lower res (to make the files smaller), and/or post it on YouTube or whatever. With his permission, of course.

Are 2:30 hour videos allowed on youtube? You can upload it there if you want, I think lower res is a better idea since the PC version only uses 16 colours you probably won't notice much quality loss.

Queeg said:
Are 2:30 hour videos allowed on youtube? You can upload it there if you want, I think lower res is a better idea since the PC version only uses 16 colours you probably won't notice much quality loss.

Even the original Wing Commander was in 256 colors (not to mention resolution and color depth being completely separate issues). The whole upload-chunky-squashed versions of things to youtube fad is kinda gross though. People do it because it's easy, not because it produces a good product.

ChrisReid said:
Even the original Wing Commander was in 256 colors (not to mention resolution and color depth being completely separate issues). The whole upload-chunky-squashed versions of things to youtube fad is kinda gross though. People do it because it's easy, not because it produces a good product.

Good point, I was just thinking it was 16 colours cause thats the colour setting on my pc i run it on, i dunno nevermind.

The frame-rate on your footage looks horrible as well. But beggers can't be choosy.

If there was a way to do it that didn't suck, I would offer the DVD version, but that would be two DVD-5s and that would mean I'd have to seed them forever and my net computer can't really take it.

YouTube now has a 10-minute maximum length, so putting WC3 on there isn't practical. I hate the internet. Whenever a cool site comes along it's soon ruined when it gets too popular.

It's about time for me to give up on the chapters thing. The first part will have chapters, the second part won't. I just can't get it to work for some reason.

Hope to start work on the second disc (bonus features) sometime soon...

Back