The new guy

Silver_Fox

Rear Admiral
Hi.

I've been a lurker on these pages for some time and thought it was about time I manned up and posted something. I've been a WingNut since the first time I loaded WC2 onto my 486 machine I'd received for Christmas '94. I was instantly enamoured, not just by the game play ( I used to get late night visits from parents after promising to quit right after the next Nav) After that I made it a mission to get my hands on the other games, knowing I had WC2, there had to be a WC, and being a "late developer" I was able to get the big box versions of WC3 and 4 fairly cheap. It is perhaps to my discredit that I've never played the Privateer series, although it is in my "to-do" file, having downloaded it from GOG.com. I've done my best to join in with the latest WC happenings, playing Standoff, Arena and Saga, and taking an active role in "Wing Commander: Against All Odds" until the demise of that page. I've waffled on long enough now, but it's certainly a pleasure to know that there is a worldwide community of folks that try to keep the dream alive.

Godspeed pilots.

Welcome! Nice to see a new face! It's definitely an exciting time to be a wingnut, especially with the new Chris Roberts announcement.

Back