Technosaurs!

t.c.cgi

Vice Admiral
So here I was wasting my morning reading through the latest Warhammer Online newsletter, when I had a LOAF sighting. Would'na believed it if there wasn't a big fuss about recovered artifacts going on.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/videoblog/blog2008.php

LOAF makes his appearance in "Technosaur" (down at the bottom of the list). He gets a whole two seconds of time! Paul Barnett doesn't even let him wave to the cell phone. Ah well.

So did you play it?

That's me! I knew this existed, but I was afraid to actually watch it. Check out my crazy long hair! But yes, Mr. Barnett is the hero behind this whole situation - he knew to save this Origin material when it arrived *and* he was willing to allow me to come take a look (and now he's arranging an office for our group to come in an archive it all).

That video was actually shot on a Saturday -- he (and Angie, from some of the other videos, who was also incredibly nice) came to work for an hour just to show me the boxes. Then he was willing to stand by while I dug through them and became increasingly excited about obscure things that would amaze maybe ten people in the world. I really can't stress enough what a cool guy he is. He's not ex-Origin and Warhammer Online doesn't stand to profit from this project... but he's taking the time and resources to help us anyway.

I haven't played Technosaur...

... yet;)

"Made by the QA dept?"

Huh?

Not that there weren't games made by the guys in QA.. I've heard that Andy and Cinco built an entire space game when they were both in QA (called GSG?).. but I seem to remember Technosaur being more of a full-on project.. like Firehorse.. or Armor.. or BioForgeII.. or SilverHeart..

but perhaps it started in QA-land tho? Harvey Smith would know more..

Hmm, that was the story I'd always heard (that it was developed by a group of former QA people). I *think* that history came from LadyWhisper's Origin fanclub site from years ago, which doesn't seem to be online anymore.

My gmail archive has a note from Jorg which says that the Technosaur team was "all QA people".

Here's Harvey Smith's page about the game: http://www.planetdeusex.com/witchboy/personalsite/tsaur.htm

So, did you play it later?

No, not yet. In all honesty, we don't even know what's on there yet... it might be some early build of the game or it might be art assets or source code or... who knows? We'll find out at the end of June (or in early July).

I just thought I'd bring this thread back. We've actually named our little archiving group Team Technosaur. Less than one month until we hit the beach!

Back