Star Trek Voyager and Wing Commander II

Prometheus

Spaceman
Propably there are some people here who know Star Trek: Voyager, and recently I noticed this:

In the Voyager episode "Equinox", the starship Voyager - in case you did not know, they're stranded far out in the delta quadrant, cut off from Starfleet, and are basically trying to get back home - encounters another lost Federation starship, the USS Equinox. However, over the course of the two-parter episode it turns out the Equinox crew were doing some evil things (killing alien creatures to use them as "fuel" for their warp drive) and it goes from there, in the end Equinox ends up destroyed, with only a few crewman surviving. (Click here to get more information on the episode, including a detailed plot synopsis)

Well, the thing I realized was, who is commanding the Equinox? A guy named "Captain Ransom".

Obviously we have some parallels here to "Colonel Ransom" from the TCS Gettysburg in WC2 Special Operations 2 ;)
I don't know if it may be an intentional reference to Wing Commander by the creators of Star Trek: Voyager, and to be honest, I would doubt it. Propably a coincidence, but who knows, maybe they are referencing Wing Commander there :cool:

Most likely, there's no more a connection between Voyager and WC2SO2 than between WC2SO2's Ransom and Cordelia Ransom from the Honor Harrington series.

Most likely, there's no more a connection between Voyager and WC2SO2 than between WC2SO2's Ransom and Cordelia Ransom from the Honor Harrington series.

Sorry, I'm at a loss. Wikipedia tells me you're talking about the Honorverse series, which I do not know, yet, although it sounds interesting.

Are you suggesting, both WC2SO2 and that Voyager episode may be referencing Honorverse there?
Or are you merely stating that you'd chalk it up as conincidence?

What is really strange though, is that here in Poland A cover of "End Run" mysteriously ended as a cover of some sort of Honor Harrington book. This... just.. can't.. be a coinicidence... there must be some sort of evil force trying to mess the two universes up...

P.S. Not kidding about the cover-picture mess-up

https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/5449

https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/5462

The End Run cover was used more than once because it looks bad ass. The same thing for the Ransom name at the start of the thread. There's no connection intended, the things just sound/look cool.

Well - I for one belive that it was because there is something wrong with covers here... I have the pratchett book with cover art placed backwards...

And, I was clearly being sarcastic with the cnspiracy theory

Last edited by a moderator:
Back