Star Citizen slow performance.....?

Alright, I figured as much. Thanks y'all...looks like I'm not headed to the 'verse for at least another year.

It'll be worth the wait. The reason I couldn't wait was there were so many other games I wanted at other than SC that my old system just couldn't handle well. If SC is the primary goal you have lots of time for them to implement optimizations and fixes still being an Alpha product. I can't imagine SQ42 working well fresh out the gate so by the time you're ready the game will be much more smooth and content rich.

We'll save you a seat in a Hornet.

There's always room for Wingnuts. Smoking section on the wings. :cool:

I can't imagine SQ42 working well fresh out the gate so by the time you're ready the game will be much more smooth and content rich.

Squadron 42 is the next Wing Commander, the 21st century AAA Chris Roberts game. I doubt Chris will be happy if it doesn't work well out of the gate...

Squadron 42 is the next Wing Commander, the 21st century AAA Chris Roberts game. I doubt Chris will be happy if it doesn't work well out of the gate...

Of course, but as Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology dictates (and personal experience), "There is always one more bug."

NoQqqUi.jpg

Sure, we'll probably find bugs the QA folks miss. However, SQ42 needs to be considerably more polished at release than the current alpha builds. There's "Oh look, here's a little clipping" bugs, and game breaking Arkham Knight disaster level bugs. CIG simply cannot afford the latter, given how uneasy some folks already are with the gestation time of the game to date.

Hence, I reckon they will test until CR is completely satisfied before this game goes out the door.

The Star Citizen PU is different of course, because it grows over time and is constantly being added to. But they really need for SQ42 to impress, and impress right from the get go.

So... I came back to Star Citizen and after upgrading my CPU and RAM about a year ago to a i7 4ghz overclocked to 4.6ghz and 6GB RAM but now I cant seem to lower the resolution in game below 4k when I do it just defaults back and lowering the graphics seems to have no effect... its so choppy I cant play..:(

So... I came back to Star Citizen and after upgrading my CPU and RAM about a year ago to a i7 4ghz overclocked to 4.6ghz and 6GB RAM but now I cant seem to lower the resolution in game below 4k when I do it just defaults back and lowering the graphics seems to have no effect... its so choppy I cant play..:(
You should be able to lower the resolution; make sure you click "Yes" when it asks you whether you want to keep changes.

As for performance; 3.0 needs a lot of optimization. Read this for some info:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...rmance-tidbits

This bit is especially noteworthy:

If you are getting performance in the sub 10-15 FPS range there is definitely something not right, especially if you have a quad core CPU, 4GB video card and at least 16GB. I have seen people reporting 5 FPS when other people with the same specs are getting 25-30 FPS. This is likely a result of the game paging out to disk because of low memory, although sometimes we hear about this on machines that have 16GB or even more, which needs more investigation by us. Is it other apps in memory? Bad page allocation (need 10 GB have 16GB allocated)? Or memory leaks in the game? PCs have lots of advantages but one of the downsides is the huge diversity of configurations which make it hard to pin point the cause of some performance issues. We are investing in additional telemetry both on the servers and clients so we can automatically detect when things aren't performing how they should based on the raw specs of the machine and hopefully determine some issues that are causing the abnormally low performance. Of course this will take a bit of time , so please be patient.

6GB RAM will unfortunately cause huge issues with the current build. In fact, it's below par for many modern games.

Is 4k your default resolution that you are using for windows? If you can't get the changes to stick in the in-game options menu you could try temporarily adjusting your desktop resolution to something you want the game to run at before launching the game. The game pretty much defaults to whatever windows is running at. Also you might be able to set a custom resolution in a user config file but I haven't experimented with that personally.

As noted above though 6GB ram might run the game but you probably want more. Your CPU sounds like it's dcent enough.

Sorry guys that's a typo I don't have 6GB I do have 16GB

Yes windows is set at 4k however I seem to have a problem whenever I lower the resolution on windows the colours go all crazy.. Not sure why yet..

Yes to both questions... I clicked to save changes when I changed the settings but I just defaults back unfortunately.

I have now a new Mainboard + CPU

The new i7 8700 with (Turbo Mode) - 6 x 4,3 Ghz
16 GB DDR4-3000
MSI Z370 Pro Board
also just a GTX 970 and have at least 20 FPS or up to 35 in the PU in 1080p

But loading time and mini freezes because it is on a HDD with 7200. SC3.0 Need to be on a SSD.

Back