Standoff Episode 2 - certainly not disappointing

callous said:
A question:
I think 1 of the ships has no computer assisted targetting reticule - is this a bug?

Not a bug, no. If you recall WC2, only /some/ of the ship had ITTS, while some others didn't. The ferret? It didn't, from what I recall. So you can see why the Stilletto is more useful that is smaller counter-part. Also added a bit more challenge, we'd like to think. ;)

callous said:
Keep up the great work, hope to see ep3 when the ground starts to thaw :p

Episode three should be around in a much quicker time than it took ep2 to release. Mainly because the simulator is done - not to mention we're rather far ahead of ourselves in the voice-over department (all me!) and Eder doesn't need to model any more ships :p So as long as there aren't any unforseeable delays... :)

On a scale of 1 to 10, as usual, use deserve a full 12!
I just started Ep.2 and already loving it!
Nice touch about the Sparrow option(s).

But I was wondering why didn't you open all the other confed ships in the sim? (I was eager to fly the Raptor and the Wraith...)

HammerHead said:
But I was wondering why didn't you open all the other confed ships in the sim? (I was eager to fly the Raptor and the Wraith...)
We've already explained this... WCP's sim only allows for seven ships to be accessible, while another seven are activated when you use the alswantsmoreships cheat. There is absolutely nothing that can be done about this - had it been possible to make all fourteen ships available without requiring the player to type in a cheat, we certainly would have done it.

Quarto said:
Sycrusian, that was just our way of saying we don't like open source ;).

Nice easteregg, haven't found it yet. I wounder if the next episode will contain a smuggler with "pirated standoff software" contraband to find and kill...

By the way, to use the cheat "alswantsmoreships" just go in the simulator screen and type it.

Lazy Panda said:
I wounder if the next episode will contain a smuggler with "pirated standoff software" contraband to find and kill...
I don't quite see how you could pirate something available for free :p. Besides, I have nothing at all against software pirates - even though I've spent the past eight months working for a game developer. Software piracy has roughly the same effect on game sales as libraries do on book sales - negligibly bad at worst, highly positive at best.

(...but let's not get off-topic here)

Quarto said:
Sycrusian, that was just our way of saying we don't like open source ;).

And a really nice way of saying that! :p

Oh, and by the way, I just played Episode 1 again (after installing 2) and I think I'm missing some voice action. Now it's been some time since I played Ep. 1, so I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm just missing something that was never there from start, but when I played now, the cutscenes partially (sometimes totally) lacked voice action. The briefings also had voices only part of the time.

And, while I'm on the subject, I'd like to point out that Trigger's voice really ROCKS! :D Congratulations to whomever acted his voice. Well, What am I saying? Big congratulations for everyone involved in the project! You guys rule! ;)

Try starting a brand new game instead of flying the old missions in your mission history terminal...

Sycrusian said:
And, while I'm on the subject, I'd like to point out that Trigger's voice really ROCKS! :D Congratulations to whomever acted his voice. Well, What am I saying? Big congratulations for everyone involved in the project! You guys rule! ;)

Why thankyou. It's nice to know that I endure the sore throat of acting Trigger out for a reason. ;) I swear.. he's far worse than smoking. :p

Sycrusian said:
the cutscenes partially (sometimes totally) lacked voice action.
Which ones? I suspect this happened most likely because WCP sometimes stops playing a sound if two or more other sounds are being played at the same time, but I can't be sure unless you provide some details.

I played it today for the first time.I had d/l Episode 2 only but it was corrupted so I d/l the whole package.

Very nice work as usual ;)
Its getting better all the time !!!!

Back