some firepower calcs (not mine)

Err... no, because they also had it in writing ("tenths of a centimeter") and they converted 20 different weapons from cm to armor units.

We can't assume that there'd be a typo -- especially one that, if it existed, would be so contradictory... why would all the weapons jump ten times in value in three months (G)?

I have sent a PM to johan alm because the admins still havent replied. hopefully he will read it. he is very busy you know, with all this efront crap going on.

I hope things work out. i gotta go in about five hours and won't be able to get to the internet untill tuesday. (visiting relitives)
if you wanted, why don't you try regestering again using a hotmail adress? perhaps that might work.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Err... no, because they also had it in writing ("tenths of a centimeter") and they converted 20 different weapons from cm to armor units.

We can't assume that there'd be a typo -- especially one that, if it existed, would be so contradictory... why would all the weapons jump ten times in value in three months (G)?

In all my manuals I never saw 1 armor unit=.1cm. And as said then a Dragon with 2 Tachyon and 2 plasma would have a total penetration of 27.4 cm which then means it would take a total of 30 bursts at full guns to take out another Dragon, when this is not true even on Nightmare dificulty.

Originally posted by Napoleon
In all my manuals I never saw 1 armor unit=.1cm. And as said then a Dragon with 2 Tachyon and 2 plasma would have a total penetration of 27.4 cm which then means it would take a total of 30 bursts at full guns to take out another Dragon, when this is not true even on Nightmare dificulty.

Then perhaps you should read the manuals that come with the games. :)? It's right there at the front of the weapons sections... p.33 of Victory Streak, for instance.

Hey bandit. i see you fixed the registration problems. what was the problem?
[edit]
johan sent a reply. guess he wasn't so buisy after all.

[Edited by $tormin on 03-18-2001 at 18:42]

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I, personally, would go with nJ as MilSpec and GJ as civilian... although that seems to make the physics people cry.
Well, I would cry too, but I don't take WC physics seriously, as the discussion seems to be doing.

I, too, would not try to apply real world physics to sci-fi games. Most of them are supposed to be quick play action. I do no think that OS had many physicist hired for their games. ;)

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-19-2001 at 10:35]

Back