Setting the Deathstroke Record Straight (July 7, 2023)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Wow, look who is trending! Mothers, lock up your ejected pilots.

To be clear: there are two Deathstrokes. They are similar but they are different kils. Dakhath nar Sihkag is the Wing Commander I ace, Dakhath nar Caxki is the WC3/CCG/Arena ace.

The original Deathstroke flew a Dralthi during the Vega Campaign. He was ultimately shot down at Gimle by Spirit! Color art from the SFC manual:

The later Deathstroke flew a Dralthi IV (and later a Dralthi Striker). The red livery is from WC3 but never actually appears since he isn’t really in the PC version!

Some clever and handsome fellow did think to lampshade the similarities in their backgrounds:

--
Original update published on July 7, 2023

The "Ace" Livery on the Dralthi IV is pretty sweet. Why was he not featured in WC3?

The "Ace" Livery on the Dralthi IV is pretty sweet. Why was he not featured in WC3?

The other aces were one of a bunch of "almost finished" Wing Commander III features that were cut to ship in time for Christmas. Very, very close to fully implemented but it got down to a matter of hours left. (The aces show up in the 3DO version, which does finish a bunch of these outstanding items... but no special ship art!)

The other aces were one of a bunch of "almost finished" Wing Commander III features that were cut to ship in time for Christmas. Very, very close to fully implemented but it got down to a matter of hours left. (The aces show up in the 3DO version, which does finish a bunch of these outstanding items... but no special ship art!)
interesting, so close to having those cool ships in the game!
I've not played the 3DO version. I will have to look for a 'lets play' series on youtube and see,

Ooh, it's worth checking out - the missions are all totally redesigned and it has a lot of little additions and changes. Definately a good experience for a super fan!

Back