Secret Missions/Special Operations

Mad Cow

Spaceman
Is there anyway to get versions of SM or SO that will work with Kilrathi Saga? I came to Wing Commander late. My first game was WC4, and I bought Kilrathi Saga shortly thereafter. I also have both P1 and P2. Here are my problems.

I used to have a P1 system which was fine for the whole WC series (save Prophecy). I ended up donating that computer, though, and now can't run P1 (haven't tried P2 since it wasn't really a WC game to begin with).

So, I guess I have two questions.

Is there a way to get the WC1 and WC2 expansions for Kilrathi Saga?

And does anyone have any tips to get P1 (I have the EA Classics version) to work on newer machines. I'm running a 9x system (ME because so many of my games will just be coasters if I put XP on my machine)?

Thanks in advance for the help. ;)

I thought SO and SM came automatically with the Kilrathi Saga, much like Special Ops in the Prophecy Gold edition.

If you had 95 or 98 I'd recommend myjemm. But that one supposingly doesn't work in ME. If you have a FAST machine you might want to try DOSBOX. Otherwise make a bootdisk, P1 should work on new systems, only prob being DOS sound...

I've had nothing but heartaches with DOSBOX, I managed to get WCIII working correctly in XP with VDMSound but not the original two, which is fine because I gave up and decided to get the Kilrathi saga which works fine or maybe even a little better than I remember the originals on my old, doomed computer.

Spien, did you try the versions gulikoza made and put in his site? they are pretty good.

I'd try myjemm or a bootdisk with winME, and I would also wipe WinME aout of my HD and install Win98SE. WinME "hides" dos, making it harder to play dos games with it. And it sucks in general too. Win98SE is better for everything, including legacy gaming.

DOSbox was meant for WinNT based OSs (like Win2K and XP) and non Win OSs (like Linux). Even if it works on Win9x OSs, it is not really necessary.

Back