Question about GE

Quarto said:
Sure, but if I had to guess what the Ferret's armament was in 2654, I'd say it was a single laser at the most :). If your top-of-the-line light combat fighter carries a pair of lasers, it's pretty likely that your light patrol fighter will carry less than that.
Actually, I think the biggest difference would be in the generator. Perhaps 2 lasers would exhaust the power much quicker than in a Hornet.

I don't remember what False Colors has to say, but WC4 has a different story - there, Hawk encounters Seether at the Academy (which could mean one of two things - either 2654-6, when Hawk was himself learning to be a pilot, or it could mean the end of the war, when Hawk was a flight instructor at the Academy).

The WC4 novel says that Hawk met Seether when they were both in flight school (and the game says it was when Hawk 'first signed on with Confed'). The story given is that Seether was a natural pilot who was supposedly removed and sent to a special unit. That would have been in ~55/56. The quote the other posted cited-but-didn't-post refers simply to Tolwyn's forces being in training... and clearly they *were* in training in the early 70s regardless of when the project started.

The WCIV novel is also very clear about the fact that the project has been in development for twenty years - Tolwyn simply inherited it for his own purposes after the war.

Sure, but if I had to guess what the Ferret's armament was in 2654, I'd say it was a single laser at the most . If your top-of-the-line light combat fighter carries a pair of lasers, it's pretty likely that your light patrol fighter will carry less than that.

A reasonable argument might be made for a single Mass Driver, the weapon on the 'Ferret A' seen in Fleet Action.

That's right, I used a reference, the worst way to prove a point on Teh Intarweb

Could we please leave the obnoxious internet culture at the door? We're better than that.

Bandit LOAF said:
The WCIV novel is also very clear about the fact that the project has been in development for twenty years - Tolwyn simply inherited it for his own purposes after the war.

What is consistent with Seether's speech saying Tolwyn found them.

Bandit LOAF said:
A reasonable argument might be made for a single Mass Driver, the weapon on the 'Ferret A' seen in Fleet Action.

But when did the Ferret A date from? Fleet Action takes place after WC2.

Ijuin said:
But when did the Ferret A date from? Fleet Action takes place after WC2.
The Landreich, naturally. Mind you, this would still be inconclusive (the words "strapped on" don't necessarily suggest the gun had always been there :p), but it's obviously the closest we've got to a description of the Ferret's early armament.

Back