Promotions and Medals in Remakes and Sequels

Mufossa

Captain
Hey all!

I was just wondering if any of you folks making remakes or sequels to the WC games would consider adding in the promotion and medals concepts from WC 1. I always thought it was really cool to advance in rank and have more "chicken gut" on your chest after playing for a while.

- Mufossa

Yeah, truly that was a neat and rewarding experience. The medals weren't so much but the advance in rank was just awesome. :) Who doesn't like seeing "Maj." or "Col." beside their names. :)

What was the highest rank you could attain in WC1? I never got past Lt. Col., and that was in the secret missions.. just wondering if anyone ever got their eagles before special ops 1.

Major in WC1, Lt Col in SM1. Promotions after that are scripted with the plot.

From what I can remember
WC1 was Major
Secret Missions for WC1 was Lieutenant Colonel
WC2 after the TCS Tiger's Claw disaster the rank was Captain but was reinstated to full Colonel at the end
The Secret Missions for WC2 remained as Colonel
WC3 remained as Colonel
WC4 remained as Colonel although in the novel Blair was promoted to Brigadier General which I think a cut sence would have been nice to see Blair recieving his promotion and see him accepting his position as Commander of the Fleet for clearing up the Black Lance remnants
WC5 (aka Prophecy) Playing as Lance Casey started as 2nd Lieutenant and finished as a 1st Lieutenant, and that was the only promotion I saw although I did not complete or played all of Secret Ops so I would not know what happen to the end of that.

My WC experience

Yeah, like everyone else, I made it to Major in WC1 and then to Lt. Col. in SM1... and landed all 12 possible ribbons and a few bronze, silver, and gold stars. I also got the Golden Sun.

Anyone get the Medal of Honor?

Mufossa

There were a total of two Pewter Planets you could get, though you couldn't take the first one into the Secret Missions.

Back