Problem with WC1 SM1&2 in WCKS

JJO

Spaceman
I've tried searching whether someone here has had a similar problem, but so far I've been unsuccessful. My problem is that after I install SM1 & 2 for WC1KS and try starting them up, I get to the intro screen with the exploding Kilrathi ship and only a quick glimpse of the "start secret missions" screen and then the game crashes. I've downloaded the SM1&2 pack several times from various sources (and also as single game packages instead of the one with both in it), installed and the same problem keeps showing up.

Anyone have any advice as to how I could avoid this problem?

No, don't listen to him, use the program compatabilty wizard in the accesories menu and set the SM1 or SM2 .exe to run in Windows 95 and it will work.

Thanks for the help!

Sadly, now I'm having joystick problems. I use the Microsoft Sidewinder 2 joystick. Before I made the adjustment, the joystick worked just fine, what's wrong?

Yeah, it's a USB joystick.

No, I don't have an older one but I guess I could get one from a friend.

I read through some other threads and noticed similar problems others had had, but few solutions. Is there any way to get a USB stick to work?

I can't help at all, but I am confused by the volitility of Starkey's response. What is wrong with downloading SM1 & 2 for the KS?? That is how Origin intended it, if memory serves. He didn't say he had d/led the KS itself so.....

Back