Origin not coming back, nobody going to make a new game: SO WHY DONT WE!

What do you think of this idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillip Tanaka said:
So Chris Roberts could make a Wing Commander remake of Das Boot.

Yeah, the could call it "Das Reboot"; it would run only on Win ME, when it runs at all...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!...

If I were Psychopath I'd go "BORDER WORLDS PRIDE??? SPACE SUBMARINEZ!!!!" and start guffawing until I choke. #13,393

psych said:
Hey Hades (tongue twister, I really should combine these two words as one), is Hadrian still around? Cause he made a space sub movie to simulate the events of what happened. He had the evil, black-hearted, satanic, and oppressive Terran Confederation gather its fleet of Midway carriers around while the Star Wars Imperial March played in the background.

Hehe, Hadrian isn't really around any more. I did see the movie.. but I'm fairly sure I don't have it any more.

Sylvester said:
What can I be?

You can be 'Ghost's Biatch' (Man, we should get the Admins to give this rank to Sylvester pernamently)

psych
- Lead Designer Chief Vice Executive Producer

LeHah said:
Things the WC Movie and Das Boat don't have in common:

1.) Das Boat is entirely in German
2.) Everything else

I might add one more

3) Das Boot had good acting, the other had crappy one.

Just my 2 cents...

BTW, say you resurrect WC, start selling or distrubuting it, don't you have to pay to Origin for Copyright stuff?

Yeah, it was just a lot of yelling. AND IN GERMAN!

I think the steadicam did better acting than some of the crewhands.

Murray said:
BTW, say you resurrect WC, start selling or distrubuting it, don't you have to pay to Origin for Copyright stuff?

Yes, if they wanted to start selling a new Wing Commander game, they would need to secure a license from Origin/EA beforehand. Technically, the same is true even if they were to give a Wing Commander game away for free; Origin could sue them for potential damage to the brand.

In practice, these sorts of fan projects are too small for the lawyers to go after them, most of the time.

Well, in practice, these sorts of fan projects almost never get off the ground in the first place, but that's a separate issue...

psych said:
You can be 'Ghost's Biatch' (Man, we should get the Admins to give this rank to Sylvester pernamently)

Gosh, being kinda rough on Sylvester, aren't you?

But, it wasn't directed towards me this time, which makes it perfectly okay.

Carry on.

milo said:
. . . in practice, these sorts of fan projects almost never get off the ground in the first place, but that's a separate issue...
Wow, a cadet with a voice of reason in this thread, "age and wisdom are rarely combined" ;)

C-ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back