Open questions thread from Ginger Lynn Allen

at this time in history, you kind of wanted to delete (heh, not uninstall, but delete) a game like WC3 after you were done with it, because it just took too much space on your hard drive.

Euh, the only thing WC3 stored on your hard drive was the game engine, the config file and your savegame, I recall it did needed some swapping. Wing Commander 2+speech pack+special operations took about threequarters of my 40MB hard drive, that was the game you removed after completion.

When you look back at the technology race we made in the past 25 years, It's pretty amazing how long sometimes borders last(32-bit era, giving computers from 2002 a lifespan of 12 years with just a memory/videocard upgrade), and how cheap everything has now become thanks to mass-production.

Euh, the only thing WC3 stored on your hard drive was the game engine, the config file and your savegame, I recall it did needed some swapping. Wing Commander 2+speech pack+special operations took about threequarters of my 40MB hard drive, that was the game you removed after completion.

When WC3 came out, hard drives in the 250-340 megabyte range were still typical, so WC3 could still use up a good chunk of your available space. After installing the whole WC series, there wasn't much left for anything else!

When you look back at the technology race we made in the past 25 years, It's pretty amazing how long sometimes borders last(32-bit era, giving computers from 2002 a lifespan of 12 years with just a memory/videocard upgrade), and how cheap everything has now become thanks to mass-production.

Yeah, my primary Windows computer turns 10 years old this year!

You could have a minimal install of WC3... but you usually didn't at the time. Remember it'd give you the option to install additional files to improve performance?

Yes, it's possible to end up with Flint. There's a certain bar scene where you have to make a decision between the two...;)
Yeah, obviously I know the bar scene! It's my favourite part of the game, I keep a permanent save right before it! But I'd forgotten if picking Flint always led to heartbreak or if you could end up 'shuttling' off together. ;-)

And you can also avoid the scene and end the game with neither one.
I've recently played the scene over and again and had a lot of fun seeing the possible outcomes..! I remember that, the first time I played it I picked Flint (sorry ginger!) But she got killed in action pretty soon after, and I remember looking a forlorn figure in the shuttle at the end! Which is what prompted my question. I picked Rachel anyway this time because her character is so sweet. (They're both fairly gorgeous!)

But then she has to survive the final sortie in order to end up in the shuttle with you, so keep her off your wing.. But I recall in the conversation she objects when you do not fly with her after the bar scene, she'll enforce a decision on you to take her as a wingman. So take her out at least once after the barscene, but do not take her with you on the kilrah run...
Ahh, there ya go! Just keep her away from the Kilrah run. Thanks. Ps. You are all allowed to find humour in the fact that my name is 'Cat'..! I'm no Hobbes though. ;-D

No idea if misses Ginger Lynn Allen will get a notification at this point, I can alway hope.. If I may address you as Ginger I just watched the Holly Randall uncut interview of you on you tube from a few year back.. A CPA.. really? To cool lucky man and apparently honest with you. That so counts! You are one amazing lady.. and yes you are a "Lady" through and through. Haze zero concerns and no F's to give on that.. kinky yes, but still real! My very best to you. I'm an old guy 66 as of this posting which puts ,me mearly at the median age of old school WC players.... I hope... (grins! Yea were all dirty old men at this point of our lives in 2023. About the time we get over it we'll be the GOH at a funeral! Yea yea, ya just gotta roll with it) Anyhow I have ask what was you personal take on John Rhys-Davies and Mark Hammil and of course Malcolm Macdowell. If always considered it as bit of a toss up on who of the three were the most famous but yes serious 5 star actors (Malcolm especially after all he did star in Playboys "Calligula") Yes old thread but dudes, were talk'n Ginger Lynn! Like whow like yea like... ahhh.,.. I gotta go my room!

Back