Open questions thread from Ginger Lynn Allen

Ok, you just made me smile. Thank you for that. You guys are just the best. Have a pint for me. Have you been to the Devonshire Arms pub? (I think that's the name). Spent a few nights there....

Ha! See that guys, I made Ginger smile. The bar you speak of is in Kensington, my brother used to live there and frequent that pub. You're a high maintenance gal, hanging out in Kensington ;) I'm going to put this beer down and go to bed now, before I realise that drunkenly flirting with Ginger Lynn Allen is in fact all a wonderful dream. Thanks for making our day at the CIC. Cheers!

This is a sketch of the original "sexier" concept art for the Rachel character from when they were designing Wing Commander III: https://cdn.wcnews.com/newestshots/full/Rachel.PNG

Your pictures reminded me of that, for obvious reasons!

Also: I know this is a ridiculous thing to notice, and believe me it took me several hours to look down, but your toenails look really nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and I have a black belt in Shoto Shin Kai, a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and a black belt in MMA. That's why I've had four knee surgeries though...

Well, I guess that kind of anwers the obvious "who would win in a fight between Rachel and Flint" question...

So my real question: Given that your character Rachel is a grease-monkey... a gifted fighter mechanic. Are you mechanically inclined in real life? Do engines and cars get your motor running so to speak?

Ok, I've been going through my closet and found a bunch of my WC things so thought I'd post a few photos. Amazing what all I still have! Hope you like them.
Thanks for keeping in touch, means a lot to us wing commander fans, crossing my fingers here that a new wing commander game happens in the future. I would not imagine a wing commander game without your presence in it. You are an important character in the saga. I dunno if future games would feature real life fmv footage for character (would be cool in my opinion) but if anything I hope you one day reprise your role and continue the awesomeness of wing commander for everyone to enjoy!

Thanks for keeping in touch, means a lot to us wing commander fans, crossing my fingers here that a new wing commander game happens in the future. I would not imagine a wing commander game without your presence in it. You are an important character in the saga. I dunno if future games would feature real life fmv footage for character (would be cool in my opinion) but if anything I hope you one day reprise your role and continue the awesomeness of wing commander for everyone to enjoy!

Interesting you say that, we have Ms. Allen in the forum saying she'd be interested in such a role, and Chris Roberts on the IRC saying that if he had anything to do with the next WC game he'd love to bring in some of the original FMV actors and have them 'motion captured' for Avatar style CGI FMV.

Chris Roberts said:
Chris_Roberts> All the actors were great to work with and they all had great, crazy stories. We had a lot of fun on WC3 and 4 and if I ever did another WC I would try to get them back to do the voices and mocap for the digital charcaters.

I do hope we see/hear some of the old faces if and when Wing Commander returns.

Amazing, what a highlight!

Wing Commander 3 came out when I was about 12 years old and it was my first WC game. Rachel was so beautiful and sweet, yet at the same time strong and professional. Like in the scene where she tells the main character that she doesn't have time to talk to him because she's busy repairing the ships he's got damaged, how could I not fall in love with her? When the time came where I had to choose between her and Flint as my 'love interest', I was actually surprised that the other woman was even a choice. I didn't consider her as anything more than some pilot guy with personal problems at all. Even though my type of girl is actually the brunette, introvert type and was already when I was 12. So that shows how strong your presence in this one was, dear Ms. Allen.

Questions I have none to ask you at this moment, but please please keep visiting this forum, I'd love to read more from you. It's such an honour to have you here.
Thank you so much for the kind words. I never get tired of hearing things like that. I worked very hard on this game, and just love that so many others truly enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it. It was an absolute blast. Wish I could do it again!

This is now my favorite thread out of being on this board for 13 years. Thanks so much for the reply!

Nice to see you kept so much stuff from the shoot. Not enough people seem to do this, so it warms my hear to know that somewhere, some of the stuff is still held on to by someone who has good memories of it. Do you still have the uniforms on hand or are they boxed up in the closet? Some of us who have been on this website for a long time have been wondering what the make/model of the blue jumpsuits were.

Any chance we could ask you to climb back into the outfit one last time, maybe take a few pictures for the fans? :)
Well I think you've probably seen the pictures by now. I want to thank you for asking me to do that by the way. I had to dig through a few closets to find these things, but the memories they brought back were so wonderful. And the jumpsuit still fit! I actually had a great time putting it on and taking the pictures. I have another one as well and when I have time I'll try and take some more pictures of some of the things I have. Thank you again for prodding me to dig through the back of my closet. You're the best!

Ginger

I've been told that a lot of you are ex military. I have an auction up to benefit the USO so please let all your friends know. I'm a proud card carrying member of the USO and donate every year so please do what you can to help support our troops.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110945758391&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Heh, this is very cool - Mindy Hester who played Aurora Finley in Prophecy has posted at the CIC too. We all appreciate your continued contribution. Are you still in touch with any of your former Wing Commander acting colleagues?

MMA?! I dunno if I am more fascinated or shocked. Do you actually really do cage fights?

Well, how awesome is this for all of us WC fans!

Well thanks for joining us here Ginger, its great to see a celebrity from WC being involved with the community.

My first question would be, what has brought you out now to speak with the WC community at this time? And why the WC CIC?

If I come up with any others I'll type them up, thanks again for coming online here to speak to us.

Now I feel bad for questioning the I.D of Ginger....:oops:
Nah, it's the way of Web fora--enough trolls exist online that any sane person's reaction to an extraordinary claim is to request evidence.

Also, glad to see that Ginger is still in the same shape as always even after so long. Who says that beauty has to fade with time? ^_~

Nah, it's the way of Web fora--enough trolls exist online that any sane person's reaction to an extraordinary claim is to request evidence.

Also, glad to see that Ginger is still in the same shape as always even after so long. Who says that beauty has to fade with time? ^_~
I don't know who said that, but you are so nice! You truly brought a smile to my face. Thank you.

Aww, don't feel bad, I get it too. It's just hard to prove a negative. I guess the pictures did the trick though! Still short on time but promise I'll be back to respond to some of the questions here. You guys are great.

Ok :)
With that said I think you still look yummy! :)

Ok I am Star struck!! sorry but I do have to ask what USO is? Being that I am in the military I should know this but before anyone thinks im stupid I am in the British military:p

I really dont know what to ask im lost for words!

It stands for United Service Organizations; sort of a volunteer organization that entertains the troops while they're away from home. If you've seen a war movie where they bring celebrities and dancing girls and such to put on a show for soldiers, that's the USO (there's probably some British equivalent?)

Wing Commander has its own equivalent, though! We hear about the TCSO in Wing Commander I (and there's an ad for a TCSO show on the back of Claw Marks!)

Ahhh ok we have CSE Combined Service Entertainment (Dancing girls are the best part and they love to come sit in your jets)

Back