Oh.. My.. Cow...

overmortal said:
Eat more chicken. . . mmm . . Chic Fillet . . . ::Homer Simpson-style drooling::

Funny that you'll mention it. I had a free Chick-Fil-A sandwich with the purchase of my lemonade today, VIA coupon.

I must say that, of all chain restaurants, Chic Fillet has got to be near the very top of the list. Chic Fillet, Bojangles, and Wendy's.

Oddly enough Wendy's being the only one out of those three that I have ever heard of.

Chic Fillet and Bojangles both specialize in chicken. I'm sure that, since the left coast is full of vegans and such, only the richest animal-eatin's-based chains survive. Ever heard of Jack-in-the-Box?

I avoid hamburgers, especially fast-food joints. The saturated fat content is simply not worth the price (Chick-Fil-A at least has the decency to fry in peanut oil rather then lard or other bad fats for you). The only exception is In-and-Out Burger on the West Coast, which I always try to eat there once when I'm visiting there.

I never heard of Bojangles.

And this thread is getting derailed. I better stop now.

Bojangles is a chain that does Cajun style chicken 'n' fixin's. Take a wild guess who Popeye's copied. :D

By the way, it was kinda slow on the checkpoint today, and I asked if a chicken had lips. That usually gets a discussion going on whether he has a beak or a pecker, but not this time. So I said that I KNOW that chickens don't have fingers, and asked if anyone REALLY knew what the chicken outfits were selling. Another guy came up with the wise ass remark that fish don't have sticks, either. So I told him that he really didn't want to know where his beef tips came from.

I'm just going to ignore your post (at least the second paragraph) and ask Overlord if his Jack in the Box comment was serious.

Hell, I don't know what restaurants you have on the west coast. Like, we don't have Taco Bueno on the east coast. Or Popeyes. We only have a few Captain D's left, and those are going fast. Hardees is trying to make a comeback, though.

Jack In The Box is a fast food chain that serves cheap, low quality food. A wide variety. Everything from hamburgers to tacos to egg rolls to salads. And the mascot is a man with a giant white ball for a head.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the otz?

overmortal said:
Jack In The Box is a fast food chain that serves cheap, low quality food. A wide variety. Everything from hamburgers to tacos to egg rolls to salads. And the mascot is a man with a giant white ball for a head.

The mascot is Jack from a Jack in the Box.. And it's a lot higher quality than a lot of fast food.

hence the name, Jack-in-the-Box. I've only eaten there once on a vacation a few years ago. But I remeber that it was a much better quality of food than McDonalds.

Well McDonalds is very easy to top as far as quality. I still don't see why people like their junk so much.

JITB must have much better quality there than here. Here, it's hideous. Worse than McDonalds. Worse than Hardees. (Hardees is nigh impossible to top for nastiness)

However, because of this thread, I was hungry for chicken on my way home today, so I stopped by KFC and had the popcorn chicken . . . mmmmmm . . .

And, most of the McDonalds in my area actually have pretty good quality. Crisp lettuce, fresh tomatoes, non-soggy buns. And some great damned fries.

The list of fast food restaurants that I am most familiar with on the west si-eed:

1. McDonald's
2. Burger King
3. Taco Bell
4. Wendy's
5. Jack in the Box
6. In-N-Out
7. Del Taco
8. Subway
9. Kentucky Fried Chicken
10. A & W (A few here and there, mostly half A & Ws, half KFC)

That's all I can think of right now.

We on the east coast (at least, everywhere over here that I've been) do not have In-N-Out, or Del Taco. Oh, and, we don't have A&W, but we have K&W Cafeteria. . .

We have:

Arby's
McDonalds
Burger King
Wendy's
Hardees
KFC
Boston Market
Subway
Jersey Mike's
Taco Bell
Jack in the Box
Chic Fillet
Bojangles
Schlotzky's
Quizno's
Sonic
Whataburger (even though it's really more of a mid-continent kind of thing)

That's all I can remember now. Probably more.

Let's get back on topic...

Tolwyn movies? What?

But about Wendy's... the dollar menu makes for good eating when you're playing WC!

I guess y'all don't want to know where the beef tips come from, either.

Back