Oblivion

Eder said:
Me, I just hope that if you keep running east for long enough, you'll end up in a crab town with nix hounds, siltstriders, and dark elfs wearing bones for armor.
Oh, sure, you'll find dark elves in the east - they'll be standing on the other side of the invisible barrier and laughing at you.

Jesus said:
Ugh. I'm starting to get sick of this. Every other RPG/Missions game has to have a huge expansive world with everything just as realistic as humanly possible with sooo much room and sooo many different things to do. [...]I really couldn't care less about Oblivion. It may be epic and grand and everything, but so far it's only really appeared on the PC, and seeing the game in it's true glory requires one of those 5k Alienware PCs.
You know, we're here talking about a game that we're interested in. Some of us are whining about it, but only because we are interested in it. I'm complaining, but ultimately no amount of silver armour and boring green forests is going to stop me from buying Oblivion. But if you really couldn't care less about Oblivion, if it's not your kind of game... well, nobody's forcing you to read about it :p.

No, I'm just voicing my opinion, socializing. Seeing who agrees with me about the fad, seeing who disagrees. It's what forums are for, no?

But yeah, still looks like a great game. Unfortunately, I think I'll be bored to tears by it if I ever get it. Then again, I haven't bought a game in 4 months, and I've only bought one this whole year so far, so maybe I'm just losing an interest in gaming all together. I hope not, because so far I've kind of developed my life with it as a major part(I'm trying to get into game graphics design).

Alastor said:
Home is where the giant crab heart is.

Home is actually where you have your collecetion of Daedric weapons all lying out on one table, your collection of ebony and glass armor on another table, your unique Daedric Crescent on the mantle lying on top scarab blueprints, gems inside of a bowl, another bowl filled with grand soul gems, keys in a row on the desk, your collection of favorite books (which unfortunatley only stack on top of each other), and various skulls you've picked up throughout the game.

Some nice candles too.

Shipgate said:
Home is actually where you have your collecetion of Daedric weapons all lying out on one table, your collection of ebony and glass armor on another table, your unique Daedric Crescent on the mantle lying on top scarab blueprints, gems inside of a bowl, another bowl filled with grand soul gems, keys in a row on the desk, your collection of favorite books (which unfortunatley only stack on top of each other), and various skulls you've picked up throughout the game.

Some nice candles too.

I want to go home. :(

Shipgate said:

Some nice candles too.

So I'm thinking to myself "Where's that RPG thread, some other poster and I made some funny crab jokes", and then bing, I load it up. Scrolling through, scrolling through, no more crab jokes. Oh well, wait, someone replied to a crab post...

... and it had nothing to do with crabs, it was just some weird RPG thing. Boo, I say, boo.

At least you won't have to ride in a hollowed-out cross between a water beetle and a cockroach to travel around that part of Tamriel. :D

It looks interesting, so far as a game goes, if only because it's focusing on a VERY small part of the world, unlike the previous Elder Scrolls games. However, I have to say that I do share the concerns with regards to the way the city designs are so far - in a medieval type town, or even in the previous TES game Morrowind, cities were VERY close together and cramped at times because of the need for defensive walls. The spread-out feeling some of those screenshots have doesn't really feel a lot like a medieval town, unless this is a cottage area.

I'm so happy! I finally got my Morrowind game to work. I'm a level 9 Wood Elf Privateer....

And for me, home is where you store all your alcoholic beveriges and drugs. I've got a house in Caldera where I take all the Flinn, Mazte, etc. so I can set them all on tables and never drink them.

As for Oblivion, I'll be happy with that game as long as I'm still able to do pointless things like this in it.

Halman said:
Wow, you people must not have played the same TES games I did. Cities NEVER seemed cramped.

The buildings in Daggerfall had things pretty close together, at least in the cities, and Aldru'un and Vivec seem suitably contained in Morrowind. The openness of the imperial city in Oblivion, in comparison, seems a bit odd, even if we're back in Cyrodil.

Haesslich said:
At least you won't have to ride in a hollowed-out cross between a water beetle and a cockroach to travel around that part of Tamriel. :D
Explain to me how you can possibly see that as a good thing.

It looks interesting, so far as a game goes, if only because it's focusing on a VERY small part of the world, unlike the previous Elder Scrolls games.
No, it's not. At least, Bethesda has repeatedly stated that there is a greater amount of land to explore in Oblivion than there had been in Morrowind. Of course, Morrowind was just a small fraction of Arena's size or even Daggerfall's, but the point is that Oblivion apparently won't be continuing the downsizing trend.

Back