No real reviews

Pedro

Admiral
Well since we're still waiting on ANY reviews I was wondering if anyone wanted to write their own, take screenshots etc and maybe we could post them on our site, or even the CIC would post them?

Well heres a caption line like the game mags do for advertising games:

"The First Evet True Interactive Action Book. 5 out of 5 ace kills -DoomsdayPlague"

Look at the "just your opinions" thread to see what I meant by that. Me and TC had a friendly discussion about that.

Heres another one:

"Congrats to the UE team for Beating Origin and there Imatators at there own game. Give yourself a pat on the Back. 5 out of 5 ace kills -DoomsdayPlague"

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
"The First Evet True Interactive Action Book. 5 out of 5 ace kills -DoomsdayPlague"

:(, I don´t think that *Interactive Book* is a definition for UE,pretty bad propaganda if you ask me :rolleyes:

Well sorry I can't write a real review. I'm not good at writing reports or anything of the sort so I gave you what I could. I hope you find some people to give you some real good reviews though. Keep up the good work.

As for the statement Ghost made thats just the way it made me feel as I have a hard time sticking to books unless I feel that I'm there being intimate with the characters feeling. Seeing what caused the emotion. This game to me played like a game that was like a great novel where I was the main character. no bad propaganda intended as the statement was made as a complement to the great story accompanying the missions in the fiction viewer. They worked flawlessly together to get a great story across. I also liked it because a couple pages of a novel tells a story better than a 3 minute hollywood clip of video any day. That's Just one mans opinion though.

I'm feeling in the mood to write a review...

I'll write your review... have a couple screenshots actually. When I finish up I'll stick it on my nolimitclan.com site and you can do whatever the hell you feel like with it.

No large deal

I started work on it last night, gathered together my ideas and a few screen shots and started writing... it'll probably be done.

I pounded out a brief review for Home of the Underdogs (I'd put up a link, but it doesn't take to tags well, apparently) over the weekend. I imagine many of you are familiar with the place, though. It probably won't be included in a site update for a week or so yet. Just a heads-up for interested parties.

-TH

Here we are tonight and I've finally finished up my review of the game. If you all would like to see it, I've put it up on my webserver on the following page:

UE Review

Feel free to criticize my criticism, heh.

Before I criticize, I must say very nicely done. It was a very well writen review. I couldn't have done better. You touched on every aspect of the game (good and bad), except one (here's the criticism). I'm biased in my opinion about music being super important... but it wasn't mentioned once in the review. I could care less if it was a good or bad reaction to the music.. but I would have liked to see it mentioned. Not every mod has a composer writing original music on the dvelopment team. Other than that detail.. supurb job.

Hehe, whoops. :p Then again that never makes it into game reviews... But fine Michael, I'll touch on it briefly. As soon as I saw your name on the post I knew you were writing to say "HEY WHY ISN'T MY MUSIC IN THERE?!" lol Then again I guess I would have done the same. The update should be there now.

Another review

You got a review in Giga, a computer games show airing on NBC Europe. It was about 2 weeks ago from what my brother told me. Thats how he learned from the UE release. I have checked the internet and found it mention there too. Published there, it says on the 18 November. You can find the review here

http://www1.giga.de/stories:u4/0,3204,46514,00.html

You may have trouble reading it though if you do not speak German. Try an online translation site like Systran. The actually important passages are the last 2 of that article. They are the real review. Above is just mentioned how the get the game running and what it is.

BTW: What tool was used for the FMVs and cutscenes? They're cool, especially the FMVs.

Cool you guys actually have the press getting on your work now thats one small step for the WC Universe and One giant leap for possible careers in the industry. (to quote a famous astronaut):)

oh we were actually on TV yesterday Doomsday, but I don't have a lot of respect for german gaming press now :p

On live television they asked the audience "how do we get it to work with XP, if you know drop us a line". This information was in the FAQ however :p

Man some people who test these things are clueless. I mean if they had to ask that. I downloaded it the first day it was availible I had problems getting it running as I did with SO and Prophecy. I did not check a faq I tooled with shortcut options till it worked if It said I needed a special dll which UE didn't but WCP and SO did I went and downloaded the friggin dll. I got it working with no help in about an hour. The only problem that I had other than that was using the fiction viewer that you guys had fixed in a day or so later. I have to question the type of people they are hiring if They can't try to figure out how to get stuff up and running by themelves how can they call themselves a pc game reviewer. I have only had XP for like 3 months and know almost all the secrets through experimentation and the occational research on the web. Man I could probably do there job better than they could if I had a journalism degree as I am very handy with a pc or matter of fact just about any type of electronics. Hey did they blame you for the XP problem? I don't think it's fair to blame you guys for a limitation on a game done so well with out the code. They Sound pathetic. Hopefully someone in the press bis. with some actual knowledge of a computer will get hold of it and review it in a major Magizine, Website or another Video Game Tv show. Hey Quarto if you read this I'm not off the Handle this time so theres no need to tell me to calm down on this one as I'm not upset I'm just Disgusted how those guys have that job when they don't have enough common since to check the faq like Pedro said or even have the knowledge that basic to get it running as it really wasn't that hard at all. :confused: Well heres hoping some good reviewers get there hands on this. btw Antix your review is great, I'm also glad you edited your article to give Needaham45 his due props as his stuff was good. too bad you lack the connections to get it published in some game mags.:)

Originally posted by Antix
Hehe, whoops. :p Then again that never makes it into game reviews... But fine Michael, I'll touch on it briefly. As soon as I saw your name on the post I knew you were writing to say "HEY WHY ISN'T MY MUSIC IN THERE?!" lol Then again I guess I would have done the same. The update should be there now.

LOL... I guess I've earned my name as "Music Boy" around here :p

You are right... music never does make it into reviews... and that annoys me.. but oh well. Can't change the world in one day.. gotta start off small.. like.. oh say.. revies for mods I've worked on...

Anyway... thank you very much for adding that. Now I can say a perfect review that manages to touch on every aspect of the game.

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
Hey Quarto if you read this I'm not off the Handle this time so theres no need to tell me to calm down on this one as I'm not upset I'm just Disgusted
Hehe, hey, I also find it ridiculous that a gaming show would be run with such ineptitude :).

Back