Next Chapter

No one can tell you for sure.Watch carefully for any updates in both CICnews and Standoff site ;)

It's definitely too early to tell when it'll be released, but things are looking up. I don't want to promise anything, but I am hoping that in a month or two, the progress chart for episode 4 will be mainly green, with isolated bits of yellow and no red at all.

However, this depends on a lot of external factors - for one thing, as far as the voiceovers are concerned it's now all up to the actors, who have to record them and send them in. Even if most of the actors do so, it still probably won't be enough to take the voiceovers status up to green, because most of the voiceover work is concentrated in the hands... well, throats of just two or three actors. And of course, our own spare time is always a critical factor. I myself can only put in 5-10 hours of Standoff work a week - and that's in a good week. Last year, there were periods when, for months at a time, I wasn't able to work on Standoff at all. This year, at least for the time being, is looking better (...on my part. But then there's other people on the team who had more time last year, and haven't got any now).

All in all, we're actually making good progress at the moment. I would even say there's a good chance you'll see episode 4 released during the first half of this year (though it would definitely be closer to the end of this half than its beginning)... but since I spent last year constantly talking about how there was a good chance episode 4 would be out before the end of the year, I'd rather not give even rough estimates if I don't have to :p.

Hehe, yeah, I did. The point of that last sentence was mainly just a disclaimer to make sure that nobody afterwards tells us we "promised" the episode would be out before July - though I really am fairly confident that the episode will be finished in the timeframe I mentioned, and my disclaimer will turn out to be completely unnnecessary.

Sir,

Having just signed up to the forums, I've played all three episodes of Standoff so far, and loved every second. A wonderful game that I have recommended to all my friends. I played WC1 and 2 many years ago, and I must say that your team has put together a brilliant re-imagining - a Jalthi flying out of the Sun scares the s--t out of me just as much as it did years ago.

I'm grateful to all for your hard work, and cannot wait for your next episode - the Rigakh was my favourite capship in the game; can't wait to be 'reunited' with her!

KvK

BTW, we've posted a (rather long overdue) website update. So, if you'd like to find out in more detail where the project currently stands, head on over to the website :).

Hi, I'm one of the new guys here at Wcnews, and I have to say that IMO this is one the best mods I've ever played. Great job, guys, best of luck to y'all

Back