News update

Tigerhawk said:
Have to agree with you about the "hideous"-ness of the Hellcat, and I'll add in the Tigershark along with it. Outside of flying the Scimitar, I think those are the two fighters I hate just about above all others. I hate flying missions in those two ships.

WC3 i would always choose the arrow over the hellcat. just outruns most fire. Autoslide inside a carrier or behind other capships. horrible to fight corvettes in though. that tachyon turred owns me.

gr1mre4per said:
WC3 i would always choose the arrow over the hellcat. just outruns most fire. Autoslide inside a carrier or behind other capships. horrible to fight corvettes in though. that tachyon turred owns me.
Same here except for the corvette, I'd only face the corv for about or less than a second shooting. I finally got it to the point where I can take out a turret 50% of the time.

The Hellcat just didn't seem to gain enough firepower and defense over the Arrow in WC3 to be worth it for me. Its ion/neutron guns gave a volley of 120 compared to the 96 from the Arrow's ion/lasers, it had six any-kind-you-want missiles vs. the Arrow's eight HS or IR missiles, and it got an extra 20 shields and armor. In exchange you lost 100 kps of cruising speed, 200 kps of afterburner speed, and 20-30 dps of maneuvering speed. The WC4 Hellcat that had ion/particle for a volley of 144 would have been a better balance.

I can't stress enough how much I appreciate the work you guys are doing on this newest addition to the Wing Commander universe. Keep up the great work and know that everyone here and at the CIC love you peeps to death. :) And I'm anxiously awaiting getting my ass handed to me at the Battle of Sirius.

Quarto Quote:
Originally Posted by Confed
Hehe... btw Quarto, will there be any reference at all about Blair getting wounded in the upcoming episodes? By the time of the Battle of Earth, he was famous & I think there had to be an "infoburst" on TCN about the Confed top Ace getting wounded in Action.

We don't have Infobursts, so no, there won't be an Infoburst about Blair .

Blair himself probably will have a tiny cameo appearance, but we're not going to make a big deal out of him

If Blair will make a cameo appearance that must mean that we're also gonna see Maniac again right? :p

Unregistered said:
If Blair will make a cameo appearance that must mean that we're also gonna see Maniac again right? :p
Well... no. We don't want to get into the habit of giving the entire universe cameos. The only reason we're letting Blair appear is because it's specifically mentioned in one of the books that he fought and was wounded during the battle. We don't know what Maniac was doing at the time, nor where he was.

I guess but by the time the Kilrathi reach Earth so many confed pilots will have been killed that it probably wouldnt be much of a surprise to see maniac esp as Confed will have its 'back to the wall'.

Back