News Flash

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
With Confederation Legacy currently on hold we are working hard on getting the demo of the Battlegroup Serpent project released.

After working on the ships stats for a while I've run into a really big problem: we just lack information on naming certan vesseles, like the Kilrathi heavy and light destroyer. Let's face it, having one class of warship unnamed and others named is stupid. The Standoff guys named the Tarawa the Khorsan-clas...

Disclaimer: We at the WC Saga believe that fan-made mods should fill in, not contradict, the gaps created by the official Wing Commander games and novels. Therefore, for the sake of game continuity, we have been forced to use certain liberties when naming several of these vessels. Even though we stand by these “stopgap” class names, we will gladly switch them to their appropriate name when/if Origin Systems releases these names in the future.

As for the current development status:

-most of the ConFleet and BWFleet is finished
-Support vessels, like the Kilrathi Zartoth added
-ships stats from WC converted to FS2 values
-mission outlines have been finished for a good while now

What has to be done:

-shields for capital ships
-weapons values review
-adding a few missing interface elements
-voice acting
-mission design

Tolwyn said:
Disclaimer: We at the WC Saga believe that fan-made mods should fill in, not contradict, the gaps created by the official Wing Commander games and novels.
That's a good thing to do, IMO. We used (mostly) logical thinking to try and fill most of the gaps we could, you guys should do the same (I'd advise using names from UE and Standoff where possible, otherwise the same ship might end up with 90 different names :p). Also, I try to borrow names from novels and things like that whenever it won't create any contradictions, instead of coming up with a name myself (I think this should be avoided at all costs - worst comes to worst, LOAF probably has a "best guess" name for most unnamed ships, from a novel or something).

right now i'm working on some of the models for Confed Legacy

right now the main one is the Venture, hopefully i'll have it completed soon so i can show of pics, also i should have the Confed Legacy website finished and uploaded within the week, and have the links and everything gone over with a fine tooth comb on the main page..

StarSaint said:
i should have the Confed Legacy website finished and uploaded within the week, and have the links and everything gone over with a fine tooth comb on the main page..

lol, you keep saying that since the launch of the new website (since March) :D

Back