New ship purchased, but RADAR is still mounted in the old one?

BachManiac

Rear Admiral
how can I transfer the Radar to the new one?

also the jump drive and the software should be transferred. how does this work??

please help!

You have to sell them from your old ship and purchase them again. I beleive this was how it worked in the original as well.

You will find you most likely will want to sell off all equipment, buy new ship, then sell old one if you want to sell it. I bought my Demon and then sold the Tarsus equipment and all at once and only got the price of the ship (this may have been a glitch) but I went to the save I did just before this and did it like above and all is well, I didn't want to take any chances.

Hope that helps,

Have fun,

Starblazer

when you purchased a new ship in the original, it sold all of your equipment EXCEPT for the radar, jump drive, star charts. these were transferred to your new craft automatically. you then had to buy everything else back with whatever money you had left over.

you couldn't own multiple ships in the original.

I think your repair droids were also transferred automatically.
It would be nice to be able to transfer equipment. Maybe for a an extra 50,000, when buying a ship, one could have the dealership move all ship enhancements that fit the new ship, at once. Allright, I'm dreaming...

ok I see it!

the items which were transferred in the original can be sold with their full buying price, so its no problem to sell from the old and buy to the new ship...

or you can legitimately work your way to buying X radar, then when you buy a new ship add exactly the $ needed to your account in your savegame to puchase another radar system for the new ship, and save yourself the hassle of transferring your bloody radar every time you switch ships.

this wouldn't have been an issue if they hadn't added the ultimate in fan boy delight, owning multiple ships.

in the original, only your sensors and nav maps (like i said) transfer over. everything else is sold as trade in when you buy your new ship, you then have to buy and outfit everything. sheild, repair droid, etc..etc. usually i always had enough money equip with big shields and engines, and then went cheap on the guns...did one or two 10k + cargo missions to same place (this is in the original as well) and then bought myself new guns. better to have a fully outfitted ship with cheap guns, than a heavily armed ship with no defenses.

Well, torpedos are a pretty cheap temporary replacement for heavy guns as well.

If you can't afford the gun you want, just grab a laser or meson blaster and be liberal with using your torpedos.

yeah. i stuck with my ol' tarsus until i upgraded it with her highest engine mounts, ecm 2, repair droid, the second best sensors you can get, had twin tachyon guns, twin torp launchers. bought an orion, kitted it out with lvl 3 engines, lvl 2 shields...bought back my repair droid, ecm 2, tungsten armor, rear turret, torp launcher, tractor beam, twin mass drivers for my main guns, twin lasers for the turret. then i set out and saved up, bought lvl 5 engines first, then lvl 4 shields, runnin twin tachyon now. kickin massive ass (all this is in the original mind you) but its worked out great.

One of the things not implemented that was in the original was the ability to unmount and remount guns, weapons, shields, engines... and the like.

You could have a number of equipment already purchased that you could use when you wanted to use them.

This also applied when selling your ship to buy a new one. I know it was possible to unmount everything but the radar, buy a new ship, a new radar and remount everything else.

Go on fire up that 486, and prove me wrong. :)

-Mav

Back