Need Help!!!!

KillerWave

Spaceman
I upgraded my pc to a celeron 600, 64 mb of ram and nvidia tnt 2 video card, but when i try to run SO, i ged that evil windows blue screen, sayng that hapenned a 'fatal error 0E in xxxx:xxxxxxxx in VXD VMM(01) + xxxxxxxx', and my pc crashes...:(
There are other problems as well, like the bios setup being reseted everytime i turn off my pc and the video card getting out of the agp slot by itself. I sent my pc to repair, and it comes back the exact same way...at least the video card appears to stay in its place now.
Im thinking that SO crashing may be because of the ram memory or video memory, since the x's are always the same...
Any ideas what may be causing this? I reinstaled windows and SO, just to make sure it wasnt the program...it keep giving me the same error, but just with SO, other games appear to run fine...:(

[Edited by KillerWave on 04-05-2001 at 23:38]

If your bios is resetting everytime you turn off your PC, I would think that either you have a virus or most likely the battery on your MB needs changing. Most batteries last about three - five years. The battery maintains your Bios setting when your PC is power off. Your Graphic card sounds like it wasn't attach completely. The is common with the new AGP cards. Also, check the manufactor of your MB's web site for a Bios update. Note: Everytime you add new device to your MB you should always check for a Bios update, because new devices that were made after your board was design have not been tested with your MB. Manufactors will work with each other to create updated bios so they can better use these new devices. And they usually have fixes for problems that are later discovery.

I know about that, problem is that the MB is new, just bought it a couple days ago, and the battery shouldnt give this problem. Also, im sure its not a virus.
I talked with the store i bought it and they will replace the MB, since its having problems detecting the hd also, so i think its not the battery. The video card seems to be properly placed now, the annoyng part is that SO wont work, while another games do work...:(
Reinstaled windows and SO twice to see if it would correct it, but no luck.:(
Any ideas what may be causing the problem with SO i mentioned before?

Well, the motherboard problem is fixed, changed the ram memory card, and reinstaled the video card drive, but still get the same error when i try to run SO, any ideas what could be causing this? Maybe some problem with the video memory?

No, i didndt had a voodoo card before, anyway my hd was formated before i instaled the new video board...
I switched the video card, but still gives me the same error, it appears to have something to do with the screen settings, if im in 640x480 mode, SO runs fine, but if im in 800x600 mode, it crashes. It also happen with another games if it changes the video mode, from 640x480 to 800x600 and vice-versa...:(
The card is a nvidia riva tnt2 model 64, if anyone else has this type of video card, did you had this problem?
Any ideas?

I got the video card replaced for a (more expensive) geoforce 2 mx card...it worked for about 3 or 4 minutes...then started to give the same error that the tnt2 card...:(
The guys from the store sayd it was a conflict between the MB and the video card, guess they well be as upset as i am...i think i will need to replace it again...
Maybe because they are both from nvidia??

Ok, i fixed this a while ago, and im just posting in case somewhere runs in the same problem...(im such a nice guy :rolleyes: )
Sorry to dissapoint you Silent Warrior, but its not directx fault...
It was my MB...its based on via chipset, what caused problems with agp video cards...so all i needed to do was to get and install the via drivers, so it work properly with my system (i use win98se btw), so all works fine now.
And btw, SO ships never looked better to me...great geforce!:D
Thx for Smasher for finding the solution for me.

[Edited by KillerWave on 05-07-2001 at 00:05]

Back