Nasa sued for damaging comet.

By not having a mass like light or any other parts of the electromagnetic spectrum. If you wanted to go sci-fi, they could also be tachyons. As for the bits of dust and things, they probably would just burn up in the atmosphere. If anything, the object needs to be very large to survive the intense heat that builds up when entering the atmosphere at high speed.

Happy Camper said:
. As for the bits of dust and things, they probably would just burn up in the atmosphere. If anything, the object needs to be very large to survive the intense heat that builds up when entering the atmosphere at high speed.

I'd expect that DUST would slowly float down and therefore not burn up as well?! Unless I am missing some laws of physics in that equation.

Gravity works the same on everything... doesn't matter if it's a couple of molecules or a kitchen sink. It all gets pulled down towards the palnet and it all reaches the same speeds...(no friction in space)...once it hits the atmosphere, the only difference is that a couple of molecules burn up a lot faster than a kitchen sink... but not by mutch...

It's worth pointing out that whether the dust burns up during atmospheric entry or not is not entirely relevant in this particular case - things don't vanish when they burn up, they merely change their chemical composition. So, if there's anything harmful in space dust entering the atmosphere, it may very well still be harmful after burning up.

But, of course, this doesn't change the fact that with such a minute amount of material dispersed over such a large area, we're not likely to notice the effects even if it was the most harmful substance in the universe (which it probably ain't).

Ridgerunner said:
Not only that, but what was once the Soviet Union is now 15 third world countries. ;)

I think any country is better off not being the Soviet Union.

If anyone could prove a connection between the NASA probe and bad movies, then things would be different.

Fruitcake said:
I've seen the trailer yesterday. Fantastic Four actually looks pretty good. I think it's better then Spiderman.
No way. Spiderman has always been better than Fantastic 4 (in comics & on TV) & seeing as the 2 Spiderman movies so far were great, I can't see Fantastic 4 topping that. Hopefully it's better than the Hulk

I can't wait to see Jessica Alba as the invisible woman, if you know what I mean.

Lazy Panda said:
LOL! I knew Russians are weird.

please keep those things to yourself.

And Chris, Russia isn't a poor country. Russia is in economic ressesion. You do not know the cause of this and i do. I'm economist after all. It happened when russia took every debt of the USSR to itself.

So people, do not say what you do nto know... i do nto want to hear or read this b*****t about russia, ok? Too tired of it. I can tell you the big difference between our cultures, i've lived in the USA and now in Russia, so i know this difference, but i keep it to myself, so plz... do not insult my country again.

At least this issue with NASA has more sense than the issue with McDonalds and hot coffee... ok? Stop it people. That's the woman and not my country, ok?

Cyberion said:
And Chris, Russia isn't a poor country.

I was making fun of everyone else who was making cliche Russia jokes.

Cyberion said:
Russia is in economic ressesion. You do not know the cause of this and i do. I'm economist after all. So people, do not say what you do nto know...

What a coincidence, one of my bachelors degrees happens to be in Economics.

commencement.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back