Mount Enchacement questions...

Starblazer

Spaceman
Greetings All,

I am wondering if I am understanding the description right : The Mount Enchacement marked "Tractor Capability"....the text said something about mounting on an existing weapon hardpoint, now I know in the original, you had to take off a weapon (launcher for example on a Tarsus) to fit a tractor beam, does the Enchacement mount to a weapon hardpoint without loseing the weapon and then let you mount a tractor beam on to it?

I am in a Demon and can't put a turret on, but am unwilling to give up one of my Tacyons just for a tractor beam, am I reading that right? If not, what exactly does that enchacement do?

Thanx,

Starblazer

I tried that on my Centurion. I'm pretty sure that the enhancement allows you to place the tractor on a slot where you couldn't have before (for example a gun slot) but you cannot have a gun there at the same time as a tractor. That wasn't what I was after either. Hope that helps,

Matt

Unregistered said:
the enhancement allows you to place the tractor on a slot where you couldn't have before (for example a gun slot) but you cannot have a gun there at the same time as a tractor.
That's correct.

The ships are designed to have certain limitations. The Demon's lack of tractor capability without sacrificing missiles or guns is intentional.

is it possible to mount a tractor beam on a turret (like original privateer)????

i don't wanna miss 1 of 4 guns and also 1 of 2 rocket holds....

Well, for a long time I had my tractor beam mounted on the heavy weapon slot on the Demon, since I couldn't figure out what the mount enhancement did.

Use the mount enhancement on your light missile slot which will give it the ability to mount a tractor beam. You can only hold 1 missile there anyway, so it's no big deal to lose that capability.

Back