Most useless Wingman

Hehe:
WCP and WC4: Maniac!!! I really don't like him (his way to fly is too crazy for my taste)
WC4 except Maniac: Seether (always thought, he'd like to kill me)
The rest more or less useful or useless, because I mostly fly on my own. I help others if they tell me, or if I see they could need my help, but I fly most time alone, some thousend kilometres away from my wingmen...that's funny.
I mostly liked Stlitto, Zero, Hawk and of course Maverick.
In WC4: Panther and even Catstratch (if he had the time to learn he'd have become better)...

Originally posted by Manjana

WC4 except Maniac: Seether (always thought, he'd like to kill me)

Hmmmm. Now Seether was one wingman that I took real pleasure in killing later on. :D
"
Best, Raptor

Killing Jazz was a plaesure but Hobbes! Hobbes! :( :(
But neither Blair nor ralgha had a choice. They accomplished their duty with honour.

Originally posted by Raptor
Well, most of us did have to kill Jazz. And Hobbes. :(
No. You killed a computer AI. As far as Archer was concerned, she was killing a real person - taking someone's life. All you do is kill characters in a computer game.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
The most useless Wingmen were the "nobody" guys in WC4. Ya know, Primate and all them. The guys you never got to talk to. They sucked.
Actually, Primate was among the best of the generic pilots. He was also a generic pilot from WC3, and he often came quite high in the kill scores. There'd be Blair then Maniac, then Primate, then Panther and Hawk.

Originally posted by Earthworm
Eh, the redshirts wre some of the best wingman in the game... I haven't played WC4 in ages, but IIRC Excel was one of the better ones.
Yeah, Excel too. Had a real country yokel accent to her voice. :) Although, in some of my runs she's quite low in the killboard.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
WC2: Shadow. Loved her accent.
Oh yes... amazing that she's also Major Edmund. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
WCP: Roulette. I would like to take a spin with Roulette.
I really liked her accent too... pity she never seemed to kill that many - she usually came in the middle of the Wolf Pack.

Wingman I hated the most:

WC1: Hunter.
"Maverick! Everything's gone white.. can't see..."
Seems to happen to him more than anyone else.

WC2: Doomsday
"Noooo, Doomsday! Don't charge that base by yourself
and die! Form on my wing!"

"NEGATIVE, sir!"

"Doomsday, you will die! Return to base!"

"NEGATIVE, sir. I'll just fly around in circles around
the base until it knocks down my shields. Oh dear..
I must eject now!"

Kilrathi base: "Heh-heh-heh-heh! ANOTHER dead ape!"
You bastards...

WC3: Flash, Maniac
Won't obey orders, die often.

WC4: Maniac
"Poppin' the top, Col! Good luck!"
Seems to happen FAR to often...

On the plus side for WC4, let me give an honorable
mention to Blade .. Sample battle:
"Plenty of victims here, Col!"
"Break and attack!"
*KA-BOOM* "Next victim!"
*KA-BOOM* "Next victim!"
*KA-BOOM* "Next victim!"
"No more victims around, Col!"

One of the few wingman that I felt I could trust
to actually pull their weight in an engagement.

WCP: Back to the HATE list:

1. Maestro. Not that good, talks WAY to much.
2. Stiletto. Smart mouth, not nearly as good as she
thinks she is. Person in any of the games I have
been most tempted to "accidentally" clip with
a plasma cannon.

WCSO: Same.
Note: On the PLUS side, Spyder's actually pretty good!
I still remember zapping him and having him hiss
through his teeth "You do that again and you're HISTORY,
kiddo!" I loved it! Also, he can score kills.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Originally posted by Wedge009

Yeah, Excel too. Had a real country yokel accent to her voice. :) Although, in some of my runs she's quite low in the killboard.

Not to mention that some of her dialogoue made my ears burn. :) Okay, I was a few years younger and a whole lot more innocent when I first played WC4.

Best, Raptor

Okay, on my worst list are -

WC1 : Knight
WC2 : Angel
(yeah, I know. Before you all kick up a stink, I nominated Angel because there is this one mission when Concordia is hiding in the asteroids and you fly with Angel to take out a Kat station defended by a bunch of Sartha I think. I could never get her to form on my wing so she would run off to play with the Station ... and promptly bail. Admittedly I could tractor her in and got a nice thank-you from her afterwards, but it would be nice to actually complete the mission with her intact for a change.)
WC3 : Flint
WC4 : Don't care
WCP : Don't care

Best list -
WC1 : Spirit, Hunter
WC2 : Spirit, Ralgha
WC3 : Vagabond, Maniac
(what! I hear you cry. Maniac! Yes, the Maniac. Why? Because in a number of missions he made very good bait. While at times useless, and yes, he never follows orders, often I could complete a mission easily by simply waiting for the Kats to line up on his tail and killing them. For some reason this worked much better with Maniac then with other wingmen.)
WC4 : Purrrr, Panther!
WCP : Maverick. The Blairmeister himself. Makes outscoring him even sweeter (even though I guess technically you are outscoring your alterego).

Originally posted by Quarto
Originally posted by Raptor
Well, most of us did have to kill Jazz. And Hobbes. :(
No. You killed a computer AI. As far as Archer was concerned, she was killing a real person - taking someone's life. All you do is kill characters in a computer game.

Hmm, I don't get it. Everything she did was killing a cartoon figure. Either we take Archer and our alter ego as "real" or neither one.

Subzero's Wingman Hall of Shame:
WC1 - Maniac
WC2 - Stingray
WC3 - Maniac, Flash
WC4 - Maniac
WCP - Maniac

For those who are noticing a trend... Maniac bugs me because he doesn't do what he's told... usually leading to him flying straight into the nastiest possible situation, leaving me chasing after him to save his butt (ok, I admit it, a few times I've just let the enemy fighters have their way with him, and lobbed missiles at them while they're busy). Which means I come back with a banged up fighter because I've got a moron on my wing.

Favorites:
WC1 - Bossman
WC2 - Angel
WC3 - Flint
WC4 - Panther, Excel
WCP - Spyder

[Edited by Subzero on 04-09-2001 at 12:54]

Originally posted by AzraeL

(what! I hear you cry. Maniac! Yes, the Maniac. Why? Because in a number of missions he made very good bait. While at times useless, and yes, he never follows orders, often I could complete a mission easily by simply waiting for the Kats to line up on his tail and killing them. For some reason this worked much better with Maniac then with other wingmen.)

I guess Mnaiac irritates the Kilrathi as much as he does the rest of us. :)

Best, Raptor

Yes, that may be true. But his loyalty rating in the WCP guide is higher than Blair's! In fact according to the guide he is one of the most faithful wingmen in WCP.

Id say the usefullness of Maniac did come in handy with his all out charges against bogies, but his obedience and his smart alek remarks like "Watch and learn" and "Chawk up another one for the Maniac", its no wonder why he has not moved up in rank like he should have been in WCP. He lacks discipline, but an overall good wingman. That is, when he doesnt show off and end up in the ejection pod!

RFB

Originally posted by RFBurns
(...) "Chawk up another one for the Maniac" (...)
Isn't it "CHALK up another one for the Maniac" (as in "chalk board" with the kills)?
It's not for the fuss of spelling mistakes, but to know what the Maniac says... :)

Back