Modeller needed

KillerWave

Spaceman
Im working on a new wc project, and i need a modeller with some free time that could model some ships and turn some sketches into 3d models...
Any volunteers?

of course, yuo can use every model either from Wing Commander 3D website (former WCMDF) or fro Wing Commander Saga... You just have to tell me what you need...

I need some privateer models: centurion (specially), galaxy and orion.

Also i got some sketches that id like to get in 3D format. If you can help with the privateer models and/or the sketches drop me a note and i will send you an e-mail.

thanks

While you're at it, I'd love to have someone render the Black Sun 490 from my privateer fictions. I have some poorly done sketches that you can go by :).

Great! :D Could you send it to the e-mail in my profile?

Btw, would you have the time to make some of my sketches in 3d?

I made a hideous attempt at creating a 3d model of the Black Sun 490 from my privateer stories. I did some hand sketches here:

www.overmortal.com/bs490-1.jpg
www.overmortal.com/bs490-2.jpg
www.overmortal.com/bs490-3.jpg

But then I tried to model the thing myself. I got the main part of the body done and took a picture . . it's not pretty.

www.overmortal.com/bs490-4.jpg

I've added the engines and part of the cockpit, but it still isn't very pretty :( I was hoping that, eventually, I might turn it into a flyable ship for Secret Ops, but I doubt I'll accomplish it on my own. Eder showed me the list of things that must be done, and I said 'screw it'. I'll just bribe him into making it for me when he has some time :)

You're using Truespace? Good Luck, and don't forget to save often. :p
I know what I'm talking about, i'm using it myself. ;)

Actually, it's a program called Gamespace. Though, I guess it's probably close to the same. It's still kicking my rear.

personally I use milkshape for making all my models. Even though I have the newest autocad, slightly older version of lightwave, maya pe, demo of truespace, milkshape is still my preference for modeling. Along with photoshop for making skins. Though for the topic at hand, what type of ships do you want / need? I have a couple original designs http://www.home.earthlink.net/~enlight10ment/index.html (you'll need internet expolrer, directx 9, and a ms viewer plugin to view the 3d rotatable pictures of the ships) which currently aren't really used for anything except for a couple mods that only I use. Though these were made for implementation in freelancer, so have a bit higher polycount then what's well for older games along with some other aspects just for freelancer, so it really depends on what your planning on using 3d moddels for whether these models would be applicable or not.

You wanna do a Secret Ops version of the ship in my sketches? I'm not going to get very far with my current modeling skills :) If you can get the model built and some textures put on it (and, preferably, get it into a format that I can use in WCP/SO) I can make the attributes to it myself. (rates, guns, missiles, armor, shields, turrets, etc etc) You'd be welcome to use it in your mods if you helped :)

ummm... ya... it's more to the point I really can't figure out what it's supposed to look like from your drawing :p I'de need somewhat better reference pics :p

I'm pretty bloody impressed. You're with that other FL mod, right? You make that all in MilkShape alone? Damn ...

Anyway, I threw this together in about a half-hour (I need to shave down my time for things like this ...)

Attachments

• 490.jpg
    490.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 115
That's not too far off, actually, Bob.

The original inspiration for the Black Sun 490 was the Tarsus, btw. I think what I'll do is attempt some drafts of the ship in front/top/rightside views to give you a better idea. I'll insert design notes, too. It's not really that complicated a ship; I'm just not good enough to model it myself.

Back