Military Procedure in WC

No one is crazy enough to scan the entire confederation handbook and send me a copy to me??

Dahan said:
No one is crazy enough to scan the entire confederation handbook and send me a copy to me??

That breaks a couple laws. ;)
Buy one off Amazon. That's what I did. Was fast too. They told me late November and the posty came around a week after I payed for it. It's a nice handbook. Has so much information in it. Clears up a lot of inconsistencies in the film as well.

PS: I'm in Melbourne

The Confederation appears to have member states, sectors have governors, as seen on WCSO.

As for military procedure, it appears to be a pretty generic military stuff.

Bandit LOAF said:
It's also a position in the USAF.

I Know its a position but its not a rank as such and as for the royal aussie air force the rank structure is almost the same as well as the uniform i got an aussie on exchange on my sqn:D

The confed handbook is always stocked in one of those Amazon merchant people, and they're pretty cheap. I got one this year, and I live in brazil.

Bandit LOAF said:
Well, I found your problem:
criticalmass said:
The Confederation is a democratic republic originally uniting Earth's nations and forming the military forces as a joint operation.
We don't know anything like that about the Confederation -- just that the Confederation came out of a need to defend humanity's interestellar outposts.

Sorry for not catching up on that. I based my assumptions on an Encyclopaedia article - and took the chance that this is within the boundaries of canonized information.

But I'd still like to know about procedures - so maybe somebody has already listed all ranks, insignia, matters of address, and so on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the Wing Commander game manuals has a list of the ranks in Confed including the Kilrathi ranks in the WC3 and Kilrathi sage manuals

Back