Meeting up on Xbox Live

I'll echo LOAF here: If you want to arrange a CIC halo match, go do it in the off topic zone.

Someday I'd like to try a three or four player co-op game on Mythic difficulty and with a bunch of other gold skulls turned on.

Anybody still playing? Ranked servers are still operational(i think), but there is nobody to shoot at.... :(

That's not really helping frosty. I can link up with my 360 to just about anything, but there are no "Arena games" listed, anywhere. If the game is to be succesfull, it should be easier to reach. I'll dive in to the details to configure it later, but it's not really logical to have to rig up with gamertags and stuff like that just to blow a missile up your tailpipe.

The game came out two years ago, it isn't going to become successful now. This is the fate of almost any multiplayer game, with the exception of the really big names like Halo -- you just don't have large groups of people who continue playing them at all hours. If you want to play Arena (and you should, it's great) then start matches and invite CICers to join when they're online.

The game came out two years ago, it isn't going to become successful now. This is the fate of almost any multiplayer game, with the exception of the really big names like Halo -- you just don't have large groups of people who continue playing them at all hours. If you want to play Arena (and you should, it's great) then start matches and invite CICers to join when they're online.

Look I can even start up ancient games from ten years back and still find servers and players, and Arena did not get the support it deserves, it's a great little game, but without players on multiplayer it can not last(I checked the highscores and at i recognized a few names from CIC users. Can we still start games on ranked servers and just wait for someone else to turn up, or do I really need to add all you guys manually?

Frosty said:
Go fuck yourself.
After I'm done with your mom.

Look I can even start up ancient games from ten years back and still find servers and players, and Arena did not get the support it deserves, it's a great little game, but without players on multiplayer it can not last(I checked the highscores and at i recognized a few names from CIC users.
People playing a game does not constitute "support" and people not playing it does not represent a lack of support. XBLA games have a fairly short lifespan. Arena was somewhat popular when it was new, which it very much is not now.
Can we still start games on ranked servers and just wait for someone else to turn up, or do I really need to add all you guys manually?
I get the feeling that you don't really understand how Xbox Live works. Yes, you can start a ranked match and wait for someone else to start Arena and check to see if there are ranked matches available, and then join yours.

There's no such thing as "adding us manually" to your game. You can add us to your friends list and send us invites if you'd like, or you can post that you'd like to play sometime right here on the CZ and I'm sure several of us would be plenty happy to play a game with you. I still need to unlock the last Rapier so I can get the last two achievements. I am completely open to playing Arena, even with you.

It is not a chore to schedule a game time here at the CZ and then wait for everyone to show up on Live.

Howabout Friday and Saturday night this week we try to get a few hours in? I'll be available and I know couple other people will be. If we can get enough people interested we could have a couple pretty large matches. This is pretty standard procedure as far as getting a game going.

Well from your post I think i know exactly how the system works, but I was just doublechecking, also when I tried the link right on top of this topic, it came up dead. I just obtained a 360 elite system about a month ago and I was integrating it into my homenetwork and it hooks into my connection like a charm. My gamer tag is "Mace 1976", and i can use it to play battlefield 1943, so I'm pretty sure it's active.

Also you know of the time differences right? My mornings are your evenings, but saturday would be OK.

Right so I found myself taking potshots at my carrier and now frosty comes by in a Dralthi.

Well, Chris, LeHah, Frosty, Mace and I all had a good time playing a few rounds of Arena last night. We should do it again soon.

I'm always available for Arena matches. Most everyone here has my gamertag already, so hit me up, kids.

Back