Meeting for a coffee?

delMar

Rear Admiral
Hey wingnuts,

I'll be on a business trip to the US from May 18th to May 30th.
If anyone of you is anywhere near, I'd really be glad if we found the time to grab a coffee together.

My locations are (roughly):
  • Boston from 18th - 22nd
  • New York from 22nd - 25th
  • Bay Area from 25th - 29th
I can't be definitive on when I'll have how much time, but that's the plan.

Cheers

Thanks, guys.
Maybe I'll make it to Portland on a future trip, Seattle shouldn't be too far off then anymore :)

Hey, sorry i've been away, things are just so incredibly busy ... :/

Btw, i'll be visiting the San Francisco Dropbox office again, will be in SF from the 9th to the 30th. So, seconding delMar here, if anyone wants to meet for a cup of coffee, drop me a line! :)

The Bay Area is San Francisco... so it sounds like you and delMar will both be there at the end of the month!

The Bay Area is San Francisco... so it sounds like you and delMar will both be there at the end of the month!
Right, we already connected before I created this thread.
Thanks for pointing this out, though, because I originally thought I would be really far away of SF instead of being next to it (had no idea where Santa Clara really is)

Not the Bay Area, but if anyone passes through Santa Monica (Los Angeles) I'd be happy to show you where we make the spaceships!
Wow, you're with SpaceX now?
Just kidding :D

Thanks for the generous offer!
Once I'm near you, I'd be more than glad to accept.

i've said this before, but if any wing nuts visit the portland area, shoot me a message. I can arrange an aircraft factory tour and a demo flight for you!

I was down there a week ago just for a quick day trip with some friends who came to visit from New England. We went to Pok Pok for lunch and Le Pigeon for dinner. Both were amazing! Hopefully, my girlfriend and I will down there this summer again. I'll remember to drop you a line.

So, Mario (HCl) invited me to visit him at the Dropbox office, which was quite impressing.
Thanks, man. I really had a great time talking to you. And your coffee is not only awesome, but also made with love! :)

I also had the chance to meet Daniel (HellcatV / Tigershark) of VegaStrike and WC Saga fame, who actually brought Mario into Dropbox. I tell you guys, we had great fun talking about all things Wing Commander, life, work and the universe.

You know what the weirdest thing was?
Usually, when you discuss Wing Commander modding with someone (either in real life or here on the forums), you usually get to the point when you want to say: "Hasn't HCl done something on that topic already?".
It was more than just a couple of times that this sentence nearly passed my lips this afternoon; but then I realized: "Hey, he's sitting just across the table!"
It was awesome, listening to the story of how the WC Prophecy Multiplayer Patch came together and stuff like that.

This was really the best thing I have done in a long, long time.

Attachments

• 20150526_143036.jpg
    20150526_143036.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 20150526_130951.jpg
    20150526_130951.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 124
Hey thanks so much for a great time Martin! So glad you managed to stop by the office on short notice, it was really great getting together and chatting for a bit. Most fun i've had all week, for sure! :D

Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to meet again in the future, either in the US or in Europe! Even if not, I'm always happy to chat via e-mail or some other internet means (as an aside, get familiar with GNU Octave, there's good chance i'll be sending a few files your way soon ;) )

(small correction, just for accuracy's sake: Daniel put together the Vegastrike engine and did some work on the Privateer remakes after that; I was the one who ended up helping a bit with Saga towards the end... the final couple of months were interesting btw: not nearly enough sleep, but lots, lots of fun :p )

If anybody's in the Wisconsin area this July, I'll be at the Oshkosh airshow this year, come by and say hullo!

(small correction, just for accuracy's sake: Daniel put together the Vegastrike engine and did some work on the Privateer remakes after that; I was the one who ended up helping a bit with Saga towards the end... the final couple of months were interesting btw: not nearly enough sleep, but lots, lots of fun :p )
Ah, right. I knew that I messed this up somehow... Thanks for clarifying.

Sounds like you had a blast! Slightly jealous here... I'm looking at doing some traveling in the U.S next year I may have to arrange some time to meet up with fellow Wingnuts.

Back