losing ships in wing commander standoff

st100a

Spaceman
Hello,

I want to congratulate the standoff development team. This game is awesome. I have one question, though. If I lose a ship during the game I cannot get another one back?

So if I keep on losing ships I could end up flying alone? How can I determine how many ships I have left during the game? It would be helpful if there was a viewer or something that told you how many ships you would have left in the hanger.

If you end up alone then you lose (be careful with your friends man) :)
Now you can review the remainig ships on comm terminal, where you need known how many ships have you able, the comm terminal could say that data info.

Yep. You can get info about remaining ships in the comm terminal every few missions (IIRC, prior to M3 and M5).

Question: Will your cap ships ever receive supplies of new fighters to replace ones that have been lost. I know this is standard procedure in war time, but will it be part of Standoff?

This was mentioned somewhere...

Occasionally there will be missions where your ship receives a new supply of fighters. Dunno if it is just a few fighters or meant to restore your entire complement.

Generally, it'll restore your entire compliment. This lose-a-fighter-forever stuff is fairly unusual, so we don't want to overwhelm the players ;).

For the next episodes, the player will be informed of his ships current compliment after every mission, not just sporadically. Also, as was already mentioned here, there will be a refit once in a while that will restore your entire compliment (or your entire compliment of a certain type of ship, at the very least).

Will the number of ships you have run over into the next episode?

The last mission in the first episode has a way of whittling down the number of friendly ships.

Nope, I don't believe it'll be relevent. For a couple of reasons: (SPOILER AHEAD, DONT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE PROLOGUE)

*Your final mission's e-mail from the Captain informed you that the Lionheart was being mothballed, after all ;) - Not to mention the next episode is a bit further in time than the current. But I wont give specifics on that.

I had that e-mail popping up just before an exit ('quit') - this was after the "Traitors never win" ending. Can't remember if I saw the e-mail in the proper endings...

I forgot about the limited number of fighters feature. I remember one mission - not sure if it was the last one - where I had ejected wingmen littering the 'action sphere' I was in. :eek:

I do recall Jean reporting on the ship's complement at least once, though. I think she mentions 6 Stilettos and/or Gladii (each?).

jammyo2k said:
Will the number of ships you have run over into the next episode?
Nope, you start the next episode with about half of a CVE's standard complement (thanks Wedge ;))... about 20 fighters or so.

Wedge009 said:
I had that e-mail popping up just before an exit ('quit') - this was after the "Traitors never win" ending. Can't remember if I saw the e-mail in the proper endings...
It's a different email altogether (obviously :p), and it's there in the proper endings... you get it either after the strike on the base or after chasing down the last Sabre, I don't remember for sure when it happens.

Anyway, it's basically a "good" version of the email you get on the not-enough-ships-so-its-gameover ending: the Captain mentions that due to the Lionheart's fine performance on this operation, the whole crew will be transferred to other places instead of retired, but that the ship itself is already scheduled to be deactivated (this is actually the theme of our "to be continued..." splash screen).

Wedge009 said:
I do recall Jean reporting on the ship's complement at least once, though. I think she mentions 6 Stilettos and/or Gladii (each?).
Yup, that's what you start the game with.... 6 Stilettos and 6 Gladii.

Back