Laugh At Me For I Am Stupid OR Legal Questions Someone Has To Be Able To Answer

Years ago I got pulled over while driving an unregistered car I was working on. I was going to the car wash so I could steam clean the engine, only driving about 8 blocks from my house. A cop pulled in behind me at a stop light and I was written 4 tickets: registration, inspection sticker, city sticker, and tags from another vehicle. All were 1 "pointers" and, as I understood it, wouldn't have influenced my insurance rates because they were non-moving violations. He let me drive the car home.

I could have just paid the citations by mailing in them in with a check. Instead, I went to court and presented receipts showing that I had corrected everything. The cop was actually pretty cool and the judge threw out the tickets. Other times I've tried that approach and watched 15 people ahead of me get off while I was found guilty and had to pay up. I think a lot depends upon the mood of those in charge on the day of your court appearance and why you were written a ticket.

LeHah said:
It's not a summons - since I checked off "Not Guilty" on the back.

In NH the only time a ticket is a summons is when you are caught speeding in excess of 25 of the posted limit, but also then they 99% immediately arrest you on the spot for driving that much over. Usually some kind of conduct charge

Back