Kzin-rathi?

Capn Johnny

Cap'n Johnny
Did you ever make something really cool (at least in your own mind).. and then lose it..?

I hate it when that happens..

Anyway this is something I did in 3DS a LONG time ago.. but now have lost everything but these images..

I guess I could build it again.. but it took me quite a while the first time..

Kat1.jpg

Kat2.jpg

Kat3.jpg

-John

That's very neat Capn Johnny! :)
Makes you truly realise the proportions between a Kilrathi and a human... must be scary to have one of them furballs in front of you... :)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Nice indeed. :)
What I really dislike about the Kzinti though is the thought of their naked tail. Brrr... :)

I thought it was only the Kzinti telepaths that had naked tails?

-John

Originally posted by mpanty
Mmmhh... it's Kzin-rathi Mekt... ;)

That doesn't change my dislike of the Kzinti's naked tails. ;)

Capn Johnny: As I understood every male Kzin has a naked tail.

Perhaps I'm confusing the "Star Trek Kzinti" or the "SFB Kzinti" with the "Known Space Kzinti"

As I remember it now, thats why they call them Rat-Cats in "Known Space"

-John

Originally posted by Capn Johnny
Perhaps I'm confusing the "Star Trek Kzinti" or the "SFB Kzinti" with the "Known Space Kzinti"

As I remember it now, thats why they call them Rat-Cats in "Known Space"

They were originally pretty much one and the same. The Kzinti appeared in episodes of the animated Star Trek series that were written by Niven, who was the same person who created them in Known Space (afaik, their first appearance was in "Ring World"). I haven't seen the Star Trek episodes, however, nor has the SFB material ever mentioned telepaths, so parts of it probably got left out. However, there has been mention of Kzinti harems, and I haven't seen any sign of Kzinti females on board starships, so the females might still be unintelligent. And one of the victory conditions for one campaign discusses inviting the Klingon "guests" (POWs) to the country estate for a Barbeque...

And the mention of some Kzinti planet in some DS9 episode in which Odo kills another shapeshifter

Originally posted by Ghost
And the mention of some Kzinti planet in some DS9 episode in which Odo kills another shapeshifter

Not really -- "The Adversary" mentions "Tzenkethi", which fans have randomly decided is a Kzinti planet... but only because it *sounds like* "kzin". You know, like how all human planets rhyme with Earth. :)

(That said, apparently the universe map they show a few times on DS9 does have 'Kzin' on it).

Are you sure? Kzinti would be "Zin-tee", whereas Sisko says "Zen-ka-thee" (in English, at least).

Almost, but maybe it was: Seen-k-tee (phonetic) that is almost identical to K-seen-tee (phonetic) i
But i can remember that said: WTH Larry Niven´s creatures are doing here !?

I like how all the Wing Commander discussion in the world won't make Johnny talk, but when you talk about Kzinti and animated Star Trek BAM there he is.

TC

The episode is adapted from the short story "The Soft Weapon", which is either in Tales of Known Space or Neutron Star...

I've got a fairly nice DivX of it (the TAS episode) that I grabbed somewhere... I can put it on my fserv tonight if anyone would like it.

Back