Kilrathi Female Model WIP

BTW:
Is it possible to show a picture where she has her mouth closed?
I wonder how her "standard" face expression might look like.

One thing's for certain - this here beautiful Kilrathi deserve more than some old Pancake!

textured_red_flightsuit.jpg

I added a fur texture to the body for a matted look. I also added texture to the red suit.

That certainly adds a lot of realism to it.
(although, of course there are some parts with fur that shouldn't have, but I think you know that and this is only a quick texture test)

Another question I had in mind:
Will you model/texture the whole body?
That would have the huge advantage that one could use your model wearing different clothes etc.
I'm asking because there are a lot of models of persons around where whole parts of the body are missing since they are normally not visible because of clothes, such as the belly region (no belly button etc.)

Looking forward to the next one!

That certainly adds a lot of realism to it.
(although, of course there are some parts with fur that shouldn't have, but I think you know that and this is only a quick texture test)

Another question I had in mind:
Will you model/texture the whole body?
That would have the huge advantage that one could use your model wearing different clothes etc.
I'm asking because there are a lot of models of persons around where whole parts of the body are missing since they are normally not visible because of clothes, such as the belly region (no belly button etc.)

Looking forward to the next one!

I'll probably model/texture most of the body because I would also like to change the clothes now and then.

-----------------

kfifmtfs.jpg

I was wondering if those two triangles on the chest are cloth patches rather then medals like I have now.

Flight suit reference image
https://cdn.wcnews.com/newestshots/full/fmwc-high.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably model/texture most of the body because I would also like to change the clothes now and then.

Yeah, that's good. :)

And I see a nice progress with the uniform. Cool.

I found it interesting that you gave her Captain's bars. If this is a loosely-mixed planet of Human and Kilrathi, is that a sort of reference that there might be a joint-species defense force as well? Or was the uniform just mainly for test purposes?

I think the mouth bothers me. It's like a gaping human mouth with fangs. Most Kilrathi renditions have a fairly catlike face with the nose joined to the 'lip'.

Looking really good! Your textures are getting better in leaps and bounds. I really like the cloth uniform design you have going on.

I see, some rather obvious but tricky problems have been, umm, embraced. Good one :)

But I'm still interested in the storyline/diorama ideas you were hinting at earlier - what will that be, a kind of illustrated novel?

I know they were trying to be true to a cat-female (with six or eight breasts) but really... six C-cup breasts? Her poor back!

Usually in most cat-as-alien type sci-fi's or fantasy's (or even furry art) they will make the top pair big (be it A-cup to whatever) and the rest usually get shrunk down to A-cup (or made flat almost to non-existance) unless the female character is being drawn/described as "with kits".

I know a lot of people argue when I compare Kilrathi to Kzinti (since the Man-Kzin Wars books came out first and to a degree one is based on the other)... but with Kzinti they genetically re-engineered the females to always have TWO kits at the same time (one male, one female) and are, usually, compared to human females in the chest department (that is to say, the top two are big and make milk for the kittens, and all the lower/rest are basically ornamental hold-overs that don't really work.

Which if you think about it, makes sense. Cause really, I don't care how much stronger a kilrathi is over a human, 6 or 8 C-cup or D-cup breasts is a lot of weight... and while you can argue a female kili is stronger than a female human, you got to remember they typically live under heavier gravity too (1.3 earth g, if I recall).

~~~... just had an image go through my mind of a female kili with their version of double-D's... she probably couldn't even stand upright on her hind-legs due to the weight!

~~~... then just thought of them complaining! If human women have problems finding a good bra and getting them on-and-off... what about a female kilirathi?

What are the two men besides her, Infantry?
I need more refrences for those.

I did make her breasts small and taper off in size as they go down her abdomen, it's not the same size as the first model I made.

KP_03_rm.jpg

this looks funny because I'm only using ambient occlusion as shading. For some reason my program (XSI) keeps crashing on the head and hair when rendering diffuse and specular.

What are the two men besides her, Infantry?
I need more refrences for those.
...I wouldn't call them men, but I know what you meant.

Not sure if there are many references for you. Here's what I could find, and they're all slightly different from the soldiers in this particular scene:

Granted, none of them are the same as the priestess's bodyguards, but there aren't any other references that I can think of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back