Introduction for non programers

Master Wooky

Spaceman
Hi,

I think there are a lot of people out there who would like to help but don't know how . For example with 3D Modells or high resolution station backgrounds and animations (So would I). Perhaps could some of the more skilled members give us some tips. I'm thinking about software one could use and stuff. You know... just little hints how to get used to the work and become a productive member of the community ;-)

Ahh well I'm not a member, although at some stage I plan to help out with modeling although I sadly just got into my second last term of school so I don't really have anytime at the moment, but if your searching for a free 3D modeler, I would suggest blender, its free and very powerful, it may look confusing at first but go through the tutorials and you should be quite adept. www.blender3d.com

For low poly modeling theres also Wings 3D, no where near as comprehensive as blender but I've heard many good things about it. http://www.wings3d.com/

If you want to go free...Blender is the best free modelling program out there that has the advanced features. If you're wanting something cheap and simple and easy to use without the neat features (like a renderer for example) then try:

Milkshape 3d
Wings 3d
Animator

although in my opinion and program without a renderer kinda defeats the purpose of 3d...

Back