Indiana Jones Trailer

More accurately, It's a teaser...

But it does look like fun.

I saw it yesterday in the movie theater (before "Rambo") and liked it. But I just have to wonder again about the dubbing: in the scene where he tries to swing to the truck, misses and crashes into the truck behind him:
In the English teaser - if I understood it correctly - he says "Damn, I thought that was closer."

In the German teaser he says "Damn, I though this was one would be empty." (in German of course)

:confused: Why?

Still, I am looking forward to it. I saved a cinema coupon (good for one entry, two snacks and a drink) just for this.

I'm glad they got Harrison Ford back to play a slightly older Jones as opposed to casting a new actor in his place.

And of course, if we want to play "Six Degrees of Wing Commander", Ford is only one link removed, as both he and Mark Hamill starred in Star Wars IV-VI. ^_^

In the English teaser - if I understood it correctly - he says "Damn, I thought that was closer."

In the German teaser he says "Damn, I though this was one would be empty." (in German of course)

:confused: Why?

Good question. Your english was correct, thats exactly what he said after flying backwards into the truck. Sometimes when a movie goes overseas, something has to be changed or edited for it to fit the culture. Once in a great while, a movie won't even go to a country because it simply wouldn't make sense to them (or to us in America!)

Actually, I've been thinking and might have misunderstood the German line because the words "näher" (closer) and "leer" (empty) sound a bit alike, especially when spoken quickly, so I might have misunderstood. But I seem unable to find the German trailer on the internet to check it. Well, I'll see my friends I watched the movie and trailer with today, maybe they remember the scene and what they understood.

Though, the dubbing/translating in Germany has a long history of changing the sense of the sentences...

I loved the teaser, though they seemed to be aping some of the style of the National Treasure trailers.

My one regret, sort of, is that I actually watched it because now I'm going nuts waiting for the show now.:D

A couple of rumors I heard was that, as to recasting the role, they were setting up Shia LaBeouf's character as a potential successor to Harrison\Indy for a new franchise, which would be kind of interesting. The other is that, rather than styling it after the adventure serials of the thirties and forties, they're styling it after the Sci-fi B movies from the fifties. But that's what I read on the 'Net and of course like any Net news you need to take it with enough salt to melt the poles.

Good question. Your english was correct, thats exactly what he said after flying backwards into the truck. Sometimes when a movie goes overseas, something has to be changed or edited for it to fit the culture. Once in a great while, a movie won't even go to a country because it simply wouldn't make sense to them (or to us in America!)

Sadly that hasn't stopped the Japanese...thankfully we have plenty of TV networks who enjoy redubbing the Japanese for hilarity! :p

I was kinda hoping that there would be zero CGI in the film so I was dissapointed to see it included in the trailer. I guess all Indy films featured state-of-the-art effects at the time, I just hope it's not saturated with it...
Still, can't wait for this one!

Back when Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine was being made, there was an aside about the plot in a cover-story write-up for PC Gamer where the producers intimated that the first story draft for the game was shelved because 'it would be too good for a new movie' if it were ever made. I don't know if there's any truth to that (given certain errors the magazine's made in clearer instances) but since this movie takes place ten years over again (in both real-life and plotwise) and it apparently involves battling Communists, it might very well be.

Back